SKUSA SuperNationals 26 - TJ Driver Diary

A couple of 175 masters shifter drivers are running a 19/22 gear, which should allow 102 mph or so.

TJ, have you considered using a Miata battery as ballast? It’s 25+ lbs and would REALLY help with not having to worry about running out of juice on startup!

I like the idea that you have to consider gearing a bit more as the window for lap time is wide. But with single gear karts, tight corners and huge straights are a recipe for disaster. Stresses motors too much. It’s changed anyway now so I guess we’ll see set up convergence.

TJ just got put in a wall, kid was completely unaware of what was going on around him.

2 Likes

Damn… just watched you get shoved into the barriers… not cool.

1 Like

Head down and didn’t know he was there I think! Ouch.

1 Like

Hoping for better luck in the later sessions

1 Like

Hey at least he looks sick! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Definitely should’ve known TJ was there, no excuses. Even if he doesn’t look left TJ was alongside enough that he was established there.

2 Likes

@Bimodal_Rocket we need your meme making abilities with this shot

good show for today go get em TJ. Sucks that happened

Nothing worse than tearing stuff up during practice. Totaled a brand new kart last year in practice when someone gave me a point by then pinched me off. Bummer.

Yea should have heard or known he was there. He was on his ass coming onto the straight. Extra sucks since it sounds like this practice session sets qually groups/order.

1 Like

Yup, this one is happy hour so sets groups for Quali. TJ is going to be in the back of the slow group now, hopefully he can find some space out there.

I think the last session yesterday was happy hour. Who was in which group changed over night.

They regrouped Q1 and Q2 last night, and now they are reordering drivers again after the final practice session. Very convoluted, I like the European way of random group assignment more

1 Like

Here is the Utube link

1 Like

The one day I’m swamped at work…

Yuck. TJ will undoubtedly rally and save the day.

Watching for TJ and some of my kids buddies. Have the stream up on the work PC, even if I can’t have it up in the foreground all the time.

It looks like he may have not made it out for qualifying. He’s not popped up on the timing.

I am seeing the same Nik. Guess it was torn up pretty good…