Tested out The Cambox Meca camera yesterday... Brilliant for driving analysis!

I got this from an online review

“After our first session on track, reviewing the footage we noticed it was almost completely obscured by the visor sticker on our helmet! Several sessions later and much adjustment with the viewing angle of the lens and we managed to get a half decent video recorded (see footage below) however even then we did find the visor sticker displaying at the top of the footage. Eventually, a small slot was cut in the visor sticker which enabled us to get a full screen video recorded. Not the most elegant solution!“

Arai smoked visor has an opaque strip where the visor sticker goes, not sure it will work then, unless only for night time which seems a bit excessive

1 Like

CamBox MKV3 in a Bell K1 Pro with the factory Bell visor strip

1 Like

I have a big visor sticker on my helmet and didn’t really see it in my footage.

1 Like

Stuff it. I’ll order one anyhow.

I think its a combination of your visor sticker and how you hold your head. I hold my head pointing down, so I’m sort of looking up, and i have a visor sticker. So my cambox basically sees my steering, it can’t be positioned to see where I’m looking. I look like I’m constantly watching my dash.

@tjkoyen is more relaxed looking and consequently his helmet aperture is pointing the right way.

So that how i explain whether the cambox will work for you or not.

This is the footage I ended up getting. The quality is mainly due to my 15 year old visor being a bit rubbish.

Okay, thanks for all the responses. It’s not a deal breaker either way. Now just need to convince my race director to let us use it during competition.

That’s a good point. You are also a fair bit taller than I am, so I’m sure that affects the POV as well.

Reckon I can make it work

2 Likes

way to flex that beautiful helmet :joy:

2 Likes