The_Karting_Channel presents: The Karting Channel!

A post was split to a new topic: [Karting Channel Presents] Kt100 Project Pt.1

Howdy,

Iā€™ve been feeling for a while that ā€œThe Karting Channelā€ was a bit of a pretentious brand. The name of the channel by itself already raises peopleā€™s expectations to that of your typical high-powered YouTube channel, with expensive production costs, high quality/high throughput video editing, and experienced presenters and staff.

Thatā€™s is really not what I am Iā€™m looking for in this project.

I still consider kart reviews as a rather unexplored niche on YouTube and social media, but the gap is quickly starting to be filled by a lot more competent, better staffed, and well-funded channels that can meet the expectations of viewers looking for true kart reviews. Karting 1 tended to that niche, while new channels have now caught on to the idea.

With that in mind, Iā€™ve decided to experiment with re-branding the channel to soften the tone and focus on technical videos that truly connect with the people that are watching them, a change in focus that I feel was very well received (so far.)

In essence save for this re-direction, things wonā€™t really change that much. Videos will continue being fun low pressure affairs, while still offering a lot of information.

Any feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated. :wink:
Thank you to everyone who follows the channel, and Iā€™m hoping that new viewers stick around!

1 Like

Come out to Blackhawk in June for some Road Racing. CHMS is our ā€œhomeā€ track but we are never home.

It doesnā€™t seem pretentious to me at all. But it is an it vague in some ways, so for that reason it might be worth renaming. Maybe?

Really though the brand is more about your content than the name. Thereā€™s an inflection point of course.

Dude, I love Blackhawk. My favorite track so far. Marshlands, mosquitoes and all.

Iā€™ll try. Iā€™m engaged on a commitment with CHMS right now for all club races, so that will limit my choices.
Hoping you guys can make it to the White Knuckle Scramble, Iā€™ll be in for that one for sure.

1 Like

Great, I would love to see a road racing version of the white knuckle. There are few guys who bring out vintage road karts to CES races.

1 Like

The scramble is like nothing else Iā€™ve ever attended. It was so refreshing and intoxicating being able to interact with drivers that are ecstatic to just have their karts out there, racing, and running perfect.

The focus is pushed away from winning, and towards having fun with like minded peers in custom machines. In many ways it is more similar to a car show or a time attack event in atmosphere.