This Week on KartPulse: #8 December 18th 2016

Your weekly summary of what we’ve been up to at KartPulse.

KartPulse Best of 2016 Video competition

Submissions are tricking in for our “Best of 2016 Compilation video”. Make sure you submit your footage for a chance to be featured and win a prize. You can enter the competition: HERE

Community\Forums

• Top Topics on the forums this week
  • New Member Welcome

Welcome and :brap: :brap: :brap: to:

@Tim, @Kelso, @Pete, @Kart46, @Henry45, @Doug, @Exkarter, @Billholt, @Dile02, @Raridonator, @mikelin101, @Robert_Melzer, @Will_Brown, @Dave4569, @barrickkevin, @Shaunuk21, @David_S, @alxf1, @Jeff_Holm1, @Pilly31

Welcome to KartPulse!

Performance Racing Industry Show

As many of you know, Davin and I made it to PRI this year and actually got to meet in person, so that was fun. We have a lot in store for you in 2017, let’s just say that much.

We had some great discussions with various folks in the racing industry including media and bumped into other folks wearing KartPulse shirts, so that was cool.

I also was invited to attend the RTBC (RaceTrack Business Conference). Thanks to Tim Frost and Dennis Michelsen for making this happen. This one day conference hosted a series of panels from motorsports industry leaders and in coming weeks I will be reporting on some takeaways for karting tracks and series that I learned.

Podcast

On the subject of PRI. I recorded some interviews as part of our “Drinks With Karters” Podcast experiment. You can preview the first episode: HERE

More to come from this over the next few weeks as we continue to record and edit them.

Stolen Kart Equipment

• Doug Rink. $1,000 REWARD FOR INFORMATION THAT LEADS TO THE ARREST AND RETURN ON TWO STOLEN BIREL KARTS, ENGINES AND ONE COYOTE WIDETRACK & ENGINES STOLEN ON 12-16-2016 from Catawba County, North Carolina.
    Full details in THIS facebook post.

What’s next

With a website redesign in the works during 2017, we’ve started talking with web design and development firms to find a good fit for our mission. If you are designer or developer with a track record and would like to submit a proposal, email me at [email protected] to chat about scope.

The platform is primarily based on PHP/Zend with the exception of this forum which is Ruby.

As always, your input is welcome on our Feedback Category here on the forums.

~James