Tire wear question

I was gonna say the same. For example Komet K2H should be warmed up slowly over 2 laps then allowed to cool naturally. Then it’s good.

Yes, and for contrast, Vega Yellows were their very best in the very first corner on a standing start right out of the wrapper. Every tire is different. You need to pay attention/test/learn.

I’ll second this suggestion, I didn’t even have an injury but changing Bridgestones and Hoosiers the old school way was pretty easy, MG Red’s are a nightmare and this tool has made things 100% easier.

Any inputs on MG yellows and MG whites with regard to scrubbing?

Wouldn’t scrub in Yellows. They are best in their first hot laps.

Scrubbing tires in is more of a hard tire thing. A soft tire generally performs best in its first laps. A hard tire might require you to get the outer layer off before you get to the best rubber.

1 Like

It was a bit confusing going from lecont whites in x30 to hard rental tires. The rental tires also take a lap or two to come in, but that’s just heat. Once the rental tire gets to temp, the grip is constant, forever (like KK :sunglasses:).

Not to sure if this fit here but what’s the general strategy for national races for tire? (3 front/ 3 rears).

Practice both on used and at least 1 set of new prior to qualifying… for qualifying you would put on your designate set of tires for the event. Assuming that’s all correct, as for managing over the courses of the heats and finals what’s the suggested strategy? do you leave a fresh front/rear for main or do you cycle all 6 over the heats?