TKC's Weird Stuff

vintage

(Andre Molina) #1

Tecno Cobra

Twin chassis build, from an era where things were sidewinder but not quite.
Don’t know the homologation year. I think it looks really neat.

(Andre Molina) #2

1981 SH Racing, with side beams connecting the frame rails right under the seat to the front uprights. Elegant!

You can see the system better on this picture:

(Andre Molina) #3

John Targett’s Tarsell TB3. Beam suspension up front, bracing all over the back. Here’s a cool article about this thing with more pictures:

https://onrailskartmag.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/australian-vintage-kart-prix-lead-up-we-check-out-jon-targetts-vintage-karts/

(Nik Goodfellow) #4

More recently the Maranello RS8.

Central rear brake, adjustable front bar stiffness.

nice article on it at;

http://www.karting1.co.uk/maranello-rs8-track-test.htm

(Nik Goodfellow) #5

The Sodi Futura has had a few runs in the 90s and more recently in 2011 with some real geometry at the front.

(Andre Molina) #6

Forgot about the Futura! Super cool.

Let’s go back to the early 2000s and check out one of my favorite frame manufacturers.

HAASE Blizzard:

…and the HAASE Pulsar:

(Andre Molina) #7

Trick rear seat mounts, too!

(Aaron Hachmeister) #8

Is that… a hinge on the Blizzard?

(Tyler Shepard) #9

It looks like it’s just spots where tubes are bolted together and removing them would soften things up

(Aaron Hachmeister) #10

Ah that makes more sense

(Nik Goodfellow) #11

GP kart have this bar they can fit…

(Nik Goodfellow) #12

Or the Birel Torsion, think Beggio used to go pretty well on these in the 90s.

(Nik Goodfellow) #13

I remember reading somewhere that they switched which bar went over which on the pulsar depending on the circuit layout (I assume clockwise or anti-clockwise).

(Andre Molina) #14

That’s so cool! I guess teams would have to invest in a lot more frames then the usual.

(Nik Goodfellow) #15

I think it was probably just Haase themselves with the different iterations. I was pretty friendly with the Haase importer in the UK when the Pulsar was available and only ever saw it in the configuration you pictured.

(Nik Goodfellow) #16

Totally forgot about Techspeed, a Brazilian manufacture who have had success when they feel like racing in the US. They have an interesting frame which comes to a point at the front.

(James McMahon) #17

CRG EPOCH with oval tubing

(Nik Goodfellow) #18

Talking about tubing, didn’t the TonyKart Venox have variable diameter tuning. I think it reduced from 32mm to 30mm along the frame rails by the fuel tank.

(Nik Goodfellow) #19

Found a new one (and by found I mean it was in TKart). Has two models, one with the front tubing welded (CIK homologated) and one with it free with “mechanical suspension” for hobby and USA.

(James McMahon) #20

I’m impressed you found something in TKart that wasn’t behind a paygate :blush: