(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

A post was split to a new topic: Endurance Karting 2023 Six Hours of Joisey

Oh. Im in the second day of offical testing and im as of now with old tires and testing engine with oring chan 6th place of 60… so we will see. Quali tomoroww and some heats and dah after that we have more heats and superheats and then fullday pre and final

3 Likes

Wow so it’s a busy 5 days? Seems similar in scale to the big skusa races. That’s gonna be really fun and intense.

Is this your first time racing in one of these big national events?

Steve does surprisingly well trying a powerful kart in very wet conditions. He does a lead follow with Billy and drives through many large puddles.

Learning to kart on a shifter in the rain:

I have raced big events like this but not specifically like nationals

Quick announcement, I’ve created a space for driver stories and race reports including videos.

For visibility I recommend posting there when it makes sense.

Your poor Praga got all muddy! Very wet but looks like fun!

1 Like

Yeah… but i got a new one for bow and this one will be for rain if it comes up then i sell

Well good luck in the heats! Maybe you can be Swedish champion guy.

Heat 1 done and it went bad… start was ok for me but a guy was pushed off and flipped broke 2 arms. Other guy divebombed me when i was turning in and he took out guy infront… redflag restart and i get bad outside line on rubber get pushed in to someone and get a drop bumper… then i almost got smashed bc some guy 2 wheeled thrugh a corner so i had to brake and oost 5 positions. results: p13/49
@Bimodal_Rocket

Ooof. Sorry for the troubles. More heats tho. It will get better.

In a pretty bad mood but other heats went worse​:melting_face::sob::sob:

2023/07/12 official testing p8 and p10
07/13 quali p14 after a bad setup, heat 1 i was
pushed back a bit after the flag and dropped to
16 worked up to p13 and got a fairing.
07/14. Heat 2 i was pushed on the start in the
grass i worked up to 16th making a overtake
the same guy that pushed me off at the start
decided to push me off on the grass again
causing me to drop to p20… i got a penalty
beacuse a guy spun when i was overtaking on
the inside…
Heat 3; start ok but in turn 1 someone
divebombed me and bent my steering colum
and spindels so i had a really offcenter
steeringwheel the whole session.
I pulled up to the starting grid for second
chanse and 2 tires where flat bc the beadlock
screws broke… so i didnt get to start…
Anyways no luck for me and i will be ending
the champ 1 day early bc i didnt get to finals.
I could be much much higher in placement
if luck was on my side. Next race is mkr 5
västerås.
Ser ya then

1 Like

Yeah that sucks but don’t let it ruin your week. From what I’ve been told, the big events like that, everyone has sharp elbows and things get messy.

I have no firsthand experience with nationals but I’m willing to bet that it’s a “learned” thing. There’s a lot more going on, a lot more people, etc. I would imagine it’s hard to be at your best on a crowded, aggressive track with a ton of other drivers trying to be the next champ. By doing it this year, you will be far better prepared for next year and by the year after that, it will be old hat.

I mentioned Oliver a couple times. He’s a bit older than you but kind of followed a similar path. He first was doing club stuff and by the time he was done here, he was a national level racer doing the USPKS and SKUSA stuff.

If I’m not mistaken he found the big races challenging at first but he ultimately got better and better in time and was really successful.

Stick with it and you may well learn how to race in those slightly crazy fields.

Put it this way. You probably learned a lot more in the past couple days of suffering than you would have winning an easier race.

Oh do you have a clip of you on the Swedish news? I thought you said you were in tv for an interview.

1 Like

I forgot to film the news😪 and somehow you cant replay the news again so i didnt even get to see it…

If you want to watch the livestream the link is here starts in 3hr https://www.svenskbilsporttv.se/livestream/97719

2 Likes

Heat 3 Sweidsh championship 2023 - YouTube

here is my onboard with some funyy clips MABY take a look when you have the time?

1 Like

20230715_192101
18+ karting content

Got bullied again. I guess I need to go back to monke mode.

Yep, that’d piss me off. Any penalties?

lol. Talk to the race director and ask him if you can start from the pits like @Richard_Jacques does in iRacing. :grinning:

Ends too soon. Very good driving. Some really nice linked corners. Really aggressive passing but understandable given the clown-show start. Pass opportunities were taken. Round the outside? No problem. Well done. I imagine you are happy with that. That was some good driving with lots of late braking and sends!

1 Like

WTF!!!
Did this league someone manage to project iRacing into reality?

Next time, don’t bring a real racer (with skill and ethics and all that crap) to an iRacing fight.
No monke mode… it’s time to go full APE S**T on them! :roll_eyes: