(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

The sequence through 4-5 is difficult, hitting the curb definitely helps corner entry, but as a consequence it upsets the balance of the kart and can make the exit more difficult. During a race it can absolutely be worth it, so definitely practice and experiment with it. Try to watch Jeff going through through the esses, he is really good with consistency through 6.
47.8 is good for your first time on that configuration. The most significant improvements you will find in lap time will be from turns 1, 5, and 6.

Thanks again! I found some of your videos on youtube as well which have been really helpful! Hope to see you out there sometime soon! I wear a fluoro yellow helmet and drive the #72 LO206 Kosmic kart.

1 Like

Hot off the Reddit presses: Don Knotts, his friend and their twin engined go-kart.

1 Like

@speedcraft OK, change of plans. We aren’t going Barbie racing. Instead we are re-matriculating to college and going off to dominate (well, you maybe) formula student and drive like @KartingIsLife around sketchy stevedores and shipping containers. Our team name can be “Old dogs, New tricks”. Our team principal below:

1 Like

How about “Old age & Treachery” as a team name.

I actually can’t believe that in this safety obsessed world this is allowed to happen, but I’m glad it is.
Tracks with consequences make me smile. :grin:

It might be Euro, because I agree, it seems like the kind of thing a college/uni wouldn’t risk.

Changes afoot at E-town:

Not official yet, but it appears we are close to going live with a “new” rental racing track at etown. From what I can gather, it uses the old drag strip area.

I will post a video of rental racing layout when it’s a done deal. I am kind of hoping that this means that Keith (FullTilt) and Alec are doing some sort of rental races either through FullTilt or TKC.

1 Like

Just when you thought you had run out of cool ways to race;

And…

Ok so which one of you was it?

1 Like

My races from today, on the wet with 390cc rentals ! I messed up hard on my 2nd race, my first mistake did destroy all my chances and I struggled to focus afterwards.

Any feedback ? @Bimodal_Rocket @tjkoyen @Alan_Dove @speedcraft

Has any one had any issues with go pros not reading batteries. I turned it on said no battery, figured battery was old, bought new and same ordeal. Tried everything online didn’t know if anyone had the same experience. Hero 7 black.

I’ve experienced inconsistent batteries but never that. There are a bunch of bad battery knockoffs on Amazon. Worth it to get the oem ones.

I don’t have any great wisdom. The first race looked ok to me, the second had a terminal mistake early on.

It was soo wet it was almost a lake. That’s gotta make it hard. Keep plugging, tides will turn.

How’s your head these days? Are you beating yourself or no?

That’s where it gets weird both batteries are OEM go pro.

They do eventually stop holding a charge. Bith batteries are showing dead? Could be a canera issue. The poor quality ones still work, they just don’t hold much power

It is fine mostly, I still struggle to find confidence tbf :sweat_smile:

Yeah it was quite bad, but it has been worse, last week

1 Like

Well if it’s any consolation, I feel fat and am worried that I’m gonna be incompetent when I get back in kart and will lose to old people. I probably will be fine but it’s nice making excuses in advance.

1 Like

You will be fine dont worry :grin:

@tankyx just wanted to let you know that I am not ignoring your tags on these videos, I just have been too busy painting to offer my opinions!

1 Like

@tankyx On my computer the videos in the thread are showing a error (might just be my system), but I tracked them down on your YouTube channel.

I don’t really have any feedback on driving from race #1 because I don’t have any experience driving karts in the rain, but besides the wet line, it looks like the technique is to exaggerate the turn-in (presumably to try and force some jacking of the inside rear), and then anticipate and correct for the resulting snap oversteer. If so then looks good to me.
Racing wise, NICE PASS on the dude with the black jacket with green shoulders. I could see that guy’s personality from the green flag, and that was brilliant getting him to try and push you wide (or off), and then ducking back under him once he committed. :joy:

Bummer on race #2, but there is always next time. :+1:

watch me struggle in cold conditions and first testing of the year on hometrack