(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Weren’t you just at Garda? Technically that’s 2023 practice! When does the racing begin for the Nordic folks?

In like 2 weeks in bottom sweden its allready started…
I mean testing in sweden😎

Bottom Sweden? Scandinavian south?

“Above the Arctic Circle, winter is severe with temperatures going below -30°C, while summer temperatures here, and in the rest of the country, regularly hit +20°C. In the south, winter is generally mild with an average temperature above 0°C/32°F degrees. Sweden’s northerly position has a definite summer advantage in that temperatures are rarely extreme and humidity levels are not high.”

Yeah when its still snow in stockholm where i live in malmö and skånö (near Denmark) its no snow and spring weather

So, other than you and the Prince, who are some famous Swedes from driving?

1 Like

And now, a word from our sponsor:
https://www.fagnes.com/en

They have a wide variety of beers and since they are Belgian, I bet they are wonderful:

1 Like

I sont really kniw alot tbh… marcus eriksson, conny anderson, mattias anderson. And some more but not alot and also felix rosenquist also indycar driver

1 Like

I’m not famous but I am from Sweden :smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

Another notable Swede seen here passing a kidney stone:

According to the internet you won the 2008 Klippan Cup in formula micro which makes you a famous Swede, imho.

Haha thanks!! Sweet memory, my first win ever. Won with a 10s margin. I had very good momentum and won the 2 consecutive races after that :grin: Ended the season 3rd in the championship.

I remember in 2007 I led the whole final in Klippan Cup until the very last corner and ended up in 2nd place… got my revenge the year after

2 Likes

Well done! Let’s do it again but this time with a beard.

1 Like

First off, nice gloves.

Secondly, it may just be me being ignorant of the track and how it drives and it is first laps back, in the shade, and I have no idea of air temp and grip…

It looks to me like you spend some time with the kart neutral as you approach turn in. I have no issues with your application of throttle, when you put it down seems good. But, I feel like you are coasting a bit longer in braking zones than necessary. I’m wondering if you could shorten that time off brake and throttle.

@speedcraft do you concur?

What amazing vehicles. What an amazing time to drive these things. But then there’s the downside of all that fury, unconstrained by concerns of mortality. If there is such a thing as an afterlife, I’d like to track this generation down in heaven, hell, or purgatory and ask them if they’d do it again. Looking at the footage, I think the answer would be that not doing it would be inconceivable.

I guess I could just ask you since you were a part of this era. How did this calculus work out in your heads, back then?

Yeah i noticed that too. I was experimenting with braking but the grip on braking was really bad and i tried braking on full dry point and i just lock up. So it was one of my only choices to coast a bit before braking. Idk when i pressed the brakes i just locked… talked with some buddys and they did the same so i think it was just bad track temp. My gloves are very different😆

And ofc this was my first test in senior so i i would have pinned the gas to much or to early it just spun. Really sick feeling how the engine felt so “snappy” direct responf on gas very happy to go on gas at any moment really. First session i want of track with a huge smile on my face i just love speed​:laughing::racing_car::checkered_flag:

1 Like

No calculus in my head (then or now :grin:); it was just a different time. They made cars with 1500 HP, aluminum tube frames (and role hoops), a fiberglass belly pan, and placed the driver’s feet way out beyond the front axle… and it was friggin awesome… until something went wrong.

So, I grew up picking a new favorite drivers once or twice a year:
Clark
Stewart (until he retired)
McLaren
Rindt
Siffert
Cevert
Revson
Donohue
Price
Peterson
Villeneuve

But for me, the mystique, beauty, and challenge of racing far outweighed the potential consequences. In my mind there was a distinct difference between living and existing, and at that time, I would rather live briefly than exist for a long time. So I actually didn’t expect to live beyond 30, and I was fine with that if it meant I got even a chance to race at the top levels.

Even in the 80s when I was trying to get the chance, things were still dangerous. I raced against 11 other drivers in the 84 North American FF Festival. In the next 10 years or so, 1/3 of those drivers (the small percentage that had the $ to move up the ladder), either perished in a car (or as a direct result of a crash), or had career ending injuries.

Anyway, as for why do it when it was so dangerous, I think part of it comes down to self trust; you give yourself a do or die challenge, and then you either do or die. If you do, then you have a different understanding of, and completeness within, yourself. That said, I’m sure as youth evaporates, and you watch your friends perish (and their families mourn), the beauty and magic probably fades, which I assume is why Jackie Stewart took a stand on safety improvement.

“…We are young
Wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we’re only immortal
For a limited time…”
RUSH - Roll The Bones

3 Likes

We have important work to do! Someone alert Mr. Penske.

Also, cool factoid: Andre Lafond is the first Haitian-American to win a FF pro race.

2 Likes

Here is from today: ) Testing Järfälla Mk 2023 - YouTube In the first 10 sec hear me complain to my buddy to get his helmet on so we can go, :rofl:

FYI: Had setup problems checked front aligment and i had 2 degrees camber on one wheel and i had 0 on the other side so i was littary working against the kart and fighting it unfortunatliy my camera died so i was not able to film a really good session where i got my Personal best all time on this track :slight_smile:

2 Likes