(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Gokart Brake failure Sweden - YouTube
Had a brake locking failature where the brakes where ingadged at all times and my clutch and brake was smoking and engine was bogging, lmk if i did the right choises :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm. Did you figure it out? I can’t tell what the issue was. So the brake locked but the clutch was smoking?

I can relate to this. The sports I enjoyed the most have this as integral to the experience. For surfing it’s the drop in. With fast, barreling waves the on-ramp gets very steep very quick and the drop-needs to happen with zero hesitation, absolute commitment.

Getting to the point where you develop the skill and confidence to do this without eating shit is a process and it is harder the bigger the wave. It’s different than driving of course, but it’s the same challenge, the same process of finding the confidence to then do or die.

Yeah, if you drop into something like this (Mavericks beach in NorCal), you’d better have developed the mental and physical skills needed, and you better be 100% committed and 100% present in the moment so the mental processes that produce fear cannot function.

Bingo. Mavericks is a great example.

So the thing about the green stuff is its really hard. The white stuff is ok to fall in, but the green stuff, that hurts. And then the lip hits and you get the freight train, now that you’ve just had the wind knocked out of you. Oh, and, if there’s a reef, you can’t go very far down before hurty stuff. The first fatality that I know of at Mavericks was Hawaiian big wave surfer, Mark Foo. It is believed he got caught up in reef, if I recall. Mavericks is a break above a rock reef that juts up out in deep water.

Some waves are so steep I think that you can only be towed in past a certain size. Here’s Teahupoo firing off. Its an absurdly powerful wave in Tahiti that breaks over coral reef, very close to surface.

Look at how thick that lip is. Look at how the water surface level drops, seemingly, as it gets sucked into the barrel. The sea is folding over itself, kinda. I guess surfing is kinda like driving in that it has its famous circuits, too: Pipeline, Maverick’s, etc.

Sorry for my bad explanation… the brakes locked like permanantly so the pedal stopped working… and when we put the kart on the stand you could not rotate the wheels so the seals in the brake prob got destroyed or twosted someway. Clutch was smoking bc thw brake was ingadged 1 lap when i was driving so the kart technically was doing braking for me🤣

That’s odd. Was your engineer able to figure it out?

1 Like

Yeap, Got new brake seals and new brake pistons… Got my new pb today and im fastest by 0.100 going in to the reace weekend :slight_smile: vid on that leter today:)

@Bimodal_Rocket

Hotlap Järfälla MK 37,74 - YouTube here is from today

Congrats! good luck with season start.

1 Like

For reference alltime best lap is 37.68

Getting close! Run a million laps!

1 Like

Ok So testing today i was first by 0.400 im very happy but im going to continue to push… they took apart my engine bc someonene filed a protest on for cheating. I was completly clean no penaltys

4 Likes

Ha, yes, yes; when you get your ass kicked, it’s important to blame things that can be purchased, instead of considering that the advantage might have come from things that must be earned through hard work and time. :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok so i won the final and all the heats and in finals someone bumped in my so hard that i did a spin dropped to 3rd but i managed to overtake 1st place on last lap on the straight bc of better exit, They did a comlete check of the engine and the kart bc 5 peapole filed a protest and i was still clean :slight_smile: I will be getting a new chassis bc me and my lovely daddy had a deal :blue_heart:

2 Likes

You could probably sell your old chassis to one of your competitors for a premium price, because if it’s not a cheater motor that’s making you so fast, it must be your super-trick chassis. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, my engine builder is a good friend of mine bc we met when i got my first chasis, i was hanging around in the shop behiend the counter and the second place guy came in to get a engine and a frame from him :rofl: We had a fun laugh after that. i think my chassis is so dast beacuse it was designed by the karting gods. )

1 Like

Sunday Heat race at G&J Kartway. Despite the frigid temps, we had 11 KA100 entries:

KA100 Sr OVKA Race 1 - Heat 2

1 Like

Just a lap from okc as I get back in the saddle…

What do we like in karting? Passing.

So, here’s a video of just that. All passes from all 7 heats. It doesn’t matter if its a little child in pigtails, a pass is a pass, and it must be done.

2 Likes