(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Racing bike on a kart track (indoor):

Also this:

The commentator might be overstating the value of drafting when it comes to scooter racing. I want to try this now.

1 Like

Next time you’re running rentals (Yes it works on pavement too)

But, but that’s cheating! Also I wonder if they’d get upset if I tried.

There’s nothing in the rules that says I can’t drive a kart like this

1 Like

It would definitely loosen up the rear and make it less planted :joy:

@E13

The Kartists

We will ponder this Racing

Podium Pirates

Engineers and Barbarians

Students of Slip

etc…

Your turn…

That’s what I got. I’ll let you know if anything good pops up in my head

Brevity! Think short and snappy. Alliteration is awesome.

New vlog from yesterday’s outing!

5 Likes

Enjoyed that. Captions were fire. We should co-ordinate something in Wisconsin this year. July onwards since I’m in Ireland for most of June. Hopefully I’ll have the four stroke shifter buttoned up and we can try and break it.

1 Like

The track you were on looks challenging from the aspect of braking points and lines but definitely not a fast hands track. So considering that, what do you use for a braking point marker when there isn’t something obvious?

Track is Badger Kart Club in Dousman, on the National Layout. Definitely more of a technical track. The only really quick chuck-it-in corners are turns 1 and the crossover/tree turn/No Man’s lane; both 90 degree lefts where you sort of have to pitch it in.

Honestly for braking points my only references are for the Sweeper (turn 2) where I use the inside curbing as a marker, and the Silo corner where I use the outside curbing/pavement change as a reference. Otherwise it’s all just muscle memory from driving here for 20 years.

At some point I think most really competent drivers become one with their vehicle enough that they know the kart’s braking limit and can brake without a reference, just using closing speed to the corner and feel to brake at the right spot.

2 Likes

100% this! While it’s probably not the same for everyone, my experience has been that the better the driver (and the more familiar with the track), the more “external visual reference points” migrate internally. That is, references become much more balanced between vision and other senses (speed, forces, sound, etc.), and much more integrated into the rhythm and flow of driving a particular track. However, I think this ability actually is available before many drivers develop the confidence and self trust to let go of driving mostly by external visual reference, and instead transition to trusting their ‘inner driver’. Just my $0.02 :grin:

2 Likes

Any finalized name ideas? Anything I should know or bring?

Not a lot to prepare. Same as any other race except it’s 6hrs.

I’d make sure to bring a sun hat, foldable seat, hydration, camera, etc.

We can get a practice session beforehand if you’d like for 25 bucks.

Also I don’t really have any genius names thought up. But I’ll come up with something based upon our shared experience for next time!

The Offtrack Adventurists?
Three men and a Margay?

That shot of you in the van had me confused. Right hand drive. Have an espresso. You look sleepy!

skkkrt.

What is on the cheat sheet that you have taped to the back of your seat?

Nice livery btw.

Tim: “Exactly, We need video of you passing a kid kart on track.”

Love the graphic titles

What a nice local pub you have there.

1 Like

$25 is a steal. When would it be?

1 Like

Typically in the am they have like an hour of practice sessions. I’ll get us one.

Having a two-year old will do that to ya…

That’s just my rib padding covered in Oktane Visual tape.

Thanks, a little bit of an update from the kit I ran last time, and inspired slightly by the Footwork FA15:

2 Likes

Bathe in the glory of 1994 Japan.

1 Like