(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Seems like it was just a mistake. 16:42, and a couple other times

Thatā€™s not lateral load induced hop. I think thatā€™s just kerb upsetting kart. I take quite a bit of kerb at apex, left front drops into dirt inside apex. Thereā€™s a lip and that hop is kart being upset by that wheel dropping in dirt. This is good pace, looks like low speed through corner is 29mph. 30 is ideal. Below 28 and itā€™s no bueno.

Looks like Iā€™m entering right with kart getting on red/white kerbing towards end of kerbing and then turning in at end in or near the dirty bit. I think in this case I could be a bit more right, tighter to right. Iā€™m not sure exactly what you mean but we can discuss on track walk.

1 Like

AT&T does this: Discover AT&T's Private Cellular Networks - Events Solution

Not sure of the cost and if they would be wiling to make some sort of deal for promo spots or logo banner on the broadcast, but it may be worth looking into. It might also be overkill for the situation. I was working for a marketing company in 2006 that used these during an NCAA basketball tournament that was in town hosting some 100K+ fans. AT&T was one of the sponsors though. The coverage was great.

The other and possibly cheaper option is to upgrade to a commercial account that will not diminish your bandwidth during high usage times or events. Providers often give bandwidth priority to businesses over their regular customers, but it comes at a price. I would bet it is still cheaper than a temp COW or COLT.

1 Like

A straight to the point how to get started video

I thought this gentleman does a good job of keeping it simple. He touches on the important bits and is able to keep it short. I also loved how he upfront says this needs money. He teases that at the end heā€™ll explain how to get started without $.

Finally, after giving folks all the other info, at the end he illustrates an example in a racer he knows and how he was able to make the leap to owner karting: he got a job, lol, and saved.

After 4 years of work his Belgian buddy bought a new Tony and new evo. He then, and only then, touches on sponsorship, and how his friend (and he) then also went and found sponsors. Briefly.

Anyways, a very well done, ā€œHow toā€. Enjoy.

Old man runs to kart, then drives it.

This is the obligatory Le Mans start video. Usually, the youngest knees on the team do this but I figured Iā€™d give it a go.

4 Likes

Jeez I donā€™t think Iā€™ve posted mine yet. Iā€™ll have to do that tomorrow
You can try and plan it out to get your foot on the gas before you even step in the kart but when push comes to shove you end up just doing what everyone else does
I imagined the motion in my head a 100 times but I think itā€™s something youā€™d have to physically practice

Yeah it occurred to me that that would be the way. I did not practice it tho and my knees are not great. Iā€™m just glad I was able to do it at all!

We need a cooking thread to discuss your pineapple marinade.

I am going to have to articulate that I am not as kart fit as I was. You really do need to do this more than once every couple months. Itā€™s been a dry spell for me, race wise, and I felt it today.

Maybe I can do the Lime Rock raceā€¦ Hmmmā€¦ ponders how to best approach this with my significant others.

If it makes you feel better Iā€™m 18 and in decent shape and I am feeling it still. On my second to last stint I was close to coasting down the straight to give myself more time to rest. I knew Iā€™d be upset with myself if I did that so I kept pushing but man was it tempting.
I was probably losing close to .4 a lap from fatigue in my last two stints.
So give yourself a pat on the back for making me look like the old man

1 Like

Woot! I am fitter than an 18 yr old! (Or better hydrated).

Not sure where this goesā€¦

1 Like

Parking lotā€¦ May have to go find that one.

Since itā€™s quietā€¦

Hereā€™s a couple clips from the 6hrs of Joisey I like:

@tjkoyen I thank you for all the good advice you have given me, as you can see I am much less passive now and generally less dumb.

Also, Maggie has found a new home with Grant Cameron. Perhaps he can find a way to reveal the karts inner beauty.

My sonā€™s latest heat race. Not much action here as he gets the jump on the start and holds on for the W. Go pro died during final, which is probably a good thing since he didnt win :wink:

2 Likes

:heart:
Heā€™s gonna win a lot of trophies methinks!

This is eerily similar to rental kart racing:

1 Like

This is where you need something to flip it back onto the wheels so you can continueā€¦

Just a flesh woundā€¦ not dead yet.

They could adapt battle bot ideas.

The self-righting mechanism (more commonly referred to as srimech , derived from the words s elf-ri ghting mech anism) is a device used by competitor robots in Robot Wars and other robot combat events to flip themselves back upright if they get inverted or are left stranded on their sides. Srimechs are one of two main methods of neutralising the effect of flipping, lifting and vertical spinning weapons, the other being invertible designs.

1 Like

@speedcraft wanna team up? You can steer and I can be the guy leaningā€¦

@Bimodal_Rocket Ha, that looks like fun; kind of motorcycle sidecar racing on water!
But this looks like more funā€¦ we can take turns driving. :wink: