(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Wellp, Kudos for hanging in there despite the kart problems. That looks like a great track and night races are awesome! I think the narration is great.

1 Like

We should totally go full fast redneck in our old age. They seem to have the most fun with things that go brrrr.

Btw Iā€™m impossible as a passenger. I trust no one behind the wheel but me and Iā€™m not even that skilled.

1 Like

Thanks Dom, not pretending to know what Iā€™m doing, on track, or when doing videos . . . :rofl: :100:

1 Like

Little brotherly love here from the KA masters class at the MCC pro-am challenge today. I came out on the losing end this week but we had a great battle and probably a couple missed opportunities on my side thinking more opportunities would materialized. Props to Chris, he worked hard this week and put it to me by .1 in qualifying setting a new KA masters lap record on the national config (1:00.6). My only saving grace was I was the only race lap under 1:01 in the final so I still got purple lap but finished last.

Excuses: What you canā€™t necessarily tell is while that curb finally launched the chain the motor mount came lose when I went 2 wheels off early in the race and the motor / chain were vibrating something fierce and I was just hoping it would make it to the endā€¦not soo much.

2 Likes

It was fun being ahead of you for two corners before you guys ran out of my life. I definitely have some work to do to get up to your pace!

1 Like

I trust with a few more tweaks and a little more seat time you will be right in the mix with us on the next one!!!

1 Like

Scott Monison went racing again with his brother and brings us this moment of closing lap chaos:

3 Likes

That must be a pain to gear for. It looks like the minimum speed corner is quite slow but also plenty of straight.

Thatā€™s the old track. The new one is even more challenging to gear for. But it makes for a lot of really good passing zones.

2 Likes

Might catch flack for breaking my own rules, but scientific testing had to be done. (We rent the space here and are able to close off the roads). Reducing the recklessness by 5%

2 Likes

When you donā€™t have enough excitement in your lifeā€¦ letā€™s hoon in the wet amongst the trees and bolted down mailboxes and stuff. :sweat_smile: Madlad!

Mad Max McMahon!

havenā€™t posted in a while but hereā€™s a final from yesterday.

Well, that makes 2 of us. Just sound like you know what you are talking about and you can get away with a lot.

Looks like a nice mix of fast & slow.

11:20 you guys are being cheeky with each other! I am guessing #3 was a ways back?

Also, casual club race and who were you dueling with? Or was this one of your series races?

LOL. Literally my nickname in High School (Well, Ireland equivilant)

1 Like

While weā€™re sharing all the MCC videos I have a good one to add. My son had some great back and forth battles for 2nd place in the Mini Swift race. Iā€™m really proud of him sticking to his lines and consistency of what weā€™ve been working on and it paid off for him here.

And yes, gearing for the new MCC national course is a tough trade off because of the difference between the min speed of turn 14 being so low and then the long straight after it.

2 Likes

I like this guyā€™s channel name and spirit

And lovely laps they are, Sir!

Unrelated to actual driving but why is the kid ahead of your son exhaust smoking so much more than anyone elseā€™s? Running too rich? (At start).

Iā€™m calling for a 5s penalty for brodozing in a race.

Nice setup culminating in nice pass around 1:45. Now all he needs to do is hang back for a few and let the guys ahead pass out from asphyxiation and then go send it past the smoky leader.

That was an impressive run! He definitely had them covered in the 180 right hander and the left handed new section! Lots of awesome passes.

1 Like