(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

Hey, we know that guy!

TJ sits down with Xander on KC.

2 Likes

Well done! Nice, flowing driving with lovely sounding throttle. That layout seems fun. It kinda seems to give a couple areas where you can get 4 wide almost.

I agree with @Bimodal_Rocket; nice drive!

I noticed that in the right-hander at the end of the fastest section (short straight, very fast right-nander into longer straight), you consistently turned into that turn earlier (or maybe more directlyā€¦ less of a round entry) than the other fast guys. Was that:

• A conscious choice you made (maybe as an element of your style, or to compensate for setup, or some other reason)?

• Just something you were not really aware ofā€¦ that you just did naturally?

Either way, it seemed to work for you because you seemed to consistently pull in time/space on the other guys in the lead pack through that turn. :+1:

1 Like

Some nice D, too. Heā€™s doing great.

I thought this cool:

A young man in Europe is trying to learn how to kart and made this little video so that we could compare a couple laps. Itā€™s quite informative in some ways. You can see the ebb and flow of pace relatively, and visually see how he loses time going wide, etc. I was watching it in .25 speed, looking for markers to see where heā€™s gaining or losing.

@KartingIsLife same issue with linky, no preview

Hopefully will be jumping in for more Happy Hours in 2023. Thanks for having me @XanderClements!

1 Like

Old school cool

I came across this and thought Iā€™d share. For the 50+ set, itā€™s a nostalgic period piece. Old cameras and grainy film add to the charm and Jimā€™s storytelling is terrific.

He buys a formula car and assembled a team, hooking up with Surtees and goes racing.

Little detail: I noticed that no one has painted helmets yet. I wonder when that became a thing.

2 Likes

60s is when it became a thing for pros.

1 Like

one of my favorite old videos

5 Likes

Iā€™m Gen X ( 43 y/o) and this was a very well-worn VHS from Saturday mornings along with an Indy 500 VHS.

1 Like

This was a really cool and interesting video; thanks for posting it!

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of enjoying this. He literally films his drive from the house to the engine builder. He didnā€™t edit the journey out. I guess it was considerably harder to edit in 1984.

1 Like

I thought this a lovely photo:

A terrific history of G+J with vintage footage. Check out the Monza banked turn in all its glory!

Am I the only one having the linked video not display preview?

I love it mate. We have tons of VHSs that include car journeys for whatever reason. It was so novel to have cameras back then.

I suspect itā€™s something to do with the update that failed earlier this week.

1 Like

I love everything about this. The Italiansā€™ use of ā€œspecialā€ really cracks me up to this day. TM has a version of their KZ engine that is called exactly that, special. That and the ā€œniceā€ pistonā€¦canā€™t imagine what theyā€™d do if they ran into an angry or rude piston :joy:

Iā€™d guess those would be single use, followed by a complete top & bottom rebuild.

Has something changed with engines that makes racing in rain less of an issue these days? We race in the wet all the time and it doesnā€™t seem to mess things up.

Probably nice awnings lol

Slight tangent but we need these to film our laps and this is a great price. Only good till dec 15: