What camera should I get

Probably not but you don’t need waterproof unless you plan on surfing with the kart. That would be cool though. In any case, the 5 is already waterproof to 10m I think. (Don’t quote me on this and verify before trying).

I agree with Dom. Skeleton Case for most situations, as the audio will be less muffled. In cases of heavy rain, may not be a bad idea to use sealed case (waterproof without the floaty). Driving rain and oil spray are not ideal for any electronics, water proof or not.

I am thinking about getting a camera more for analysis than anything and as long as this thread has been around there have been several new versions of Gopro. So, on a budget what camera would be ideal (gopro or other brands)? The video linked above mentioned his series not allowing camera on helmets, why would that be the case? Ideally the front of the helmet seems to provide the most information, what is the best mount to use in this location?

Once you have decided which camera you want, try looking for a used one on line.

The head mount thing comes from some saying that adding a pressure point to the helmet sort of negates the idea of spreading impact. Creates a point that is compromised. I am not sure if this is correct.

I’ve only ever owned the GoPro’s.

AFAIK: get a camera with good image stabilization. This means hero 5 Black or greater. Must have for mounting camera to kart.

The image stabilization gets crazy good with the hero 7 and more so with 8. Hero 9 right around corner.

Downside is that their software isn’t great and their support forums make you want to cry.

I have seen reviews of other brands that are excellent as well. Gopro has a nice ecosystem that makes it pretty prevalent:

I have been very happy with me hero 5 black. Got it for $110

GoPro Hero9 Black for $79.95 !!!

Just saw this on facebook and could not pass it up:
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgoprouss.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0PaMMsZ49EAK2TcqVvUONYX21RTAPgQRx_2TnlYrbS4m9HoYwlMxYr_-o&h=AT295Gger2e92uzo3_bAyPkwuj_vPwsuR8KpnJuppfvOt-49-mhdqNhS54FgoWc7S9jc1VgL2MO_xrWTept9GRFYwh0Wi-YUKPqmkKC0yED2ZvhOnFtay4ivVyUnJGWk8R8V&tn=H-R&c[0]=AT2_uENaRdaUQP0CW6elWBJ_kuX1UBxgOeRoJjW2bVpuE3i4x46b0GuFz_lGDS5VwEX9ecz9CGvQh2WEnxkXkVCAa0lYfxvhRrMt4tnCmF2QrNAhYm6vyf1ZKRn9UQW-wZXkdmtiFTTPWrNotJ9QYv8PKWTGgYApCOYeo2NjgoT1o2ZAyaXuevvr-HHuzbuwnjYtnsf_ZxPonzu7VqRRmklz_D7sLEiEglGpq1Rtu3XduiCRPgzAIrFOrc6UmbYqNqdoMT6dKKel_lVZOHTjRNtjSU7pwkZAd_yvUbVNQJ0URi1Qw7Zzzq6oG1P5tnj5MF2y

Is this a legitimate site? I’m so tempted to buy one but that price is too good to be true. I also can’t find any information regarding the website, which makes me seem skeptical

Is this legit? Please let me know.

I believe the cost of manufacturing a gopro is $150 alone

I paid with PayPal, so if its not I will just contest the purchase. Definitely not giving out personal cc info.

Hmm. Yeah that looks dodge. If you do get it I’d be wary of its, eh, supply chain.

Yeah, that’s far under market value to be legit. Smells like a “knock off”. Everybody wants a screaming deal, which can happen, but predominantly, it really comes down to getting what you pay for.

Let me know how it goes. No idea how it could be real, but there’s a chance. Sometimes people buy overflow and sell it as quickly as possible. Smart with the PayPal