What did you do to your kart today?

Just picked up the new ride for the year! Only has Supernats on it. Time for everyones favorite job… Seat mounting!

5 Likes

Glad im not the only one. There is nothing i like less than putting a seat in a gokart.

I’m too picky about it. What should be a 30-45 minute job turns into 2 hours since I want everything perfect. But I figure it’s one of the most important parts to a good setup and I want the seat to be installed with zero stress on it.

It’s a toss up for me on mounting graphics vs seat as to the worst kart jobs, but I seem to mount seats more often so that’s the one I remember.

I really like my Alfano 6, so much so I bought another one. I’ve owned mine for 2 years and still have never had to charge the battery. Battery life on these things are INSANE.

1 Like

I have gotten to the point I love doing graphics. A beer. Some music. And the garage. Peaceful time

1 Like

I’m the total opposite. Would rather mount 10 seats over doing one set of graphics lol

5 Likes

I’d rather have a beer and watch someone else mount the seat and graphics.

7 Likes

Same here lol, I kinda have grown to like mounting seats

It’s alive and running.

3 Likes

Learned that I should have been lubing up the drum sprocket bushing on my clutch frequently, after the chain popped off after hitting a curb and the drum froze up. :sweat_smile:

Took things apart, lubed 'em up, and cleaned the surrounding areas.

Been there, done that! Was at a race and tossed a chain. It locked up the clutch and almost welded the small needle bearing to the output shaft. Was a real scramble between qualy and race time to file and sand down a very hard shaft so I could get a new bearing on.

1 Like

Today (OK yesterday) I nailed a snowbank with one of mine.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Today I’m cleaning up this mess. The dark side of karting

20230202_075634

2 Likes

Nothing like sitting on gravel.

That was a high speed one, got enough free gravel to redo my driveway

4 Likes

I know I’m not the first person here to do this, but I know I am the first person to show pictures of it. Re-wrapped my “crusty” old otk steering wheel with tennis wrap. Also rebuilt my brakes MC and calipers , so much better pedal feel and bleeds so nice, only cost 30 bucks.

Not perfect, but much better than torn, crusty, Sun- bleached leather.

2 Likes

I’ve used that on sim racing wheels and liked it as well.

ITS ALIVEEE!!! hope its fast too