What did you do to your kart today?

Well in Europe it appears the beers are typical 5-10% alcohol as opposed to 3.5-5.5 here it seems. Iirc. I recall being blown away by beer in France as compared to bud, coors etc. their cheap supermarket beer is stronger and better imho. They do have crap stuff, but overall I think the USA got the short end of the beer stick. Microbreweries in the USA are really good though and things are way better now than in the 80s.

On that note, here’s the beer my pal Ivan and I used go get a “Demi” of every night at the cafe when we would walk the dog as teens. A convenient excuse to go get a brew in Paris:

https://www.abbaye-de-leffe.be/en/beer/

Belgian monks are true heroes

Free Trappist ales with sticker purchases? @KartingIsLife :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, today I walked in my garage, looked at the kart. Pondered when I am gonna test the rebuilt brakes and then whether to sell it or not. Walked out again.

2 Likes

Leffe is one of my favs.

I like to grab the “Belgian box” from Woodman’s which has Leffe, Hoegaarden, and Stella in it.

Anyone who has the Untappd app, add me on there for my insanely long list of beers I’ve rated…

1 Like

Shedding weight. New sidepods.

1 Like

Need to decide where I’m going to put them to chose the size… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh you’re looking at the big sticker then?

Yes, the 292.1mm one… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just curious…why are you considering selling? Getting out of the sport, if so why? Im trying to figure out if this sport is right for me. TIA

I bought the kart as a project to prove you can do karting at a very relatively low-cost. It’s not a kart I have a great desire to keep hold of as I prefer different types of karts. I am not leaving the sport :slight_smile:

1 Like

On vecccation in the car fitting my new helmet​:cry::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Walked into garage. Looked at kart. Thought it might be interesting to put a Formula A on it and twin it with the MAX that’s on it making some kind of unholy alliance on one kart. Pulled the brake pedal. Walked out.

On walking out considered what to do with my '89 Wright leaning up against the garage wall. The brake mount had been altered to fit a non-Wright brake which makes life hard if I want to restore it.

2 Likes

Restoring old karts seems like a good way to spend time. They are often pretty. We haven’t seen any restoration posts in a while.

Was in south garda karting really good track my fav tracks

2 Likes

The rentals goes 80plus kph they are crg centirion karts

2 Likes

Yesterday I mounted new tires on my Espionage, donating the used tires to my spare Riccardo, fixed a brake alignment issue on the Espionage and new pads, moved the engine to the right 7/8" and then moved the seat over about the same to try an get left side weight down so the axle wouldn’t have to be so skewed, end of the day scaling the kart did get my left side down, but no to where I’d like it to be. Also flipped the tires on my daughters Eagle to squeeze a few more race nights on them. Did go get a few laps early in the day but rained out after just a few laps.

Shaving even more weight. Let’s see how aramid fabric skids hold up.

Interested to hear how they work

Walked in garage, put the Max on the kart, thought “I can’t be bothered with this lump, may as well sell it now and be done with it”. So I sold it.

Time for a pit bike engine maybe :joy:

Wait. What did you do to your seat? These look like padding. Very specifically it reminds me of the padding on bmx bikes we had as kiddos.