What did you do to your kart today?

I’ve decided to change the earnings:kartingspend ratio :slight_smile: so my mad plans might be shelved for a bit longer

Those were on my used 2021 OTK when I bought it a couple months ago. I would say they don’t hold up too well. Before I got my new purchase home, the front one (what was left of it had fallen off. The other two were pretty hammered. So I am guessing depending on track conditions they might last a season of racin?

What I did today was, checked my valve lash today for some test and tune this week.

Good to know. Think I’ll keep the stainless ones on for practice and toss on those on for race day.

1 Like

Well, for the first time last week, I used a fiberglass repair kit to fix up my seat. Bottom mounting holes became “T” shaped as the seat slid down until the weights touched the frame, then slid side-to-side as I moved in the seat. Certainly wasn’t helping lap times!

Gonna widen the rear, change tires, change oil, service clutch, and swap out my sprocket tonight. Nothing too drastic.

I sent it! (Kind of, lol)

P-22 out of 34. Not my best showing in the F-Bomb, but I’m always having fun when I’m around like minded individuals . . .

3 Likes

Look at all them clear visors.

It was a night race, wel at least the final was. But the track is so well lit you can still run a tinted visor if you choose.

OK so not today, but since I’m not sure if I shared this video of the four stroke shifter project I’m working on. Yes filmed with a potato

1 Like

Oooh. That looks interesting. I like the handbrake style shifter. Feels very sim.

2 Likes

Yeah the idea is to have an all-in-one, bolt-on package to replace (for example) a 206. Someone looking to go a little faster but not willing to go two stroke.

Just powerful enough to give shifter thrills without the bills. Rear brakes only, just like the 80cc shifters “back in the day” that were an absolute TON of fun.

3 Likes

I like it!!! Not sure about the shift lever though…why not the classic lever close to the steering wheel? Is it just to keep it self-contained?

2 Likes

Thanks!

Idea is to avoid the cost (Both $ and time) of having to add the classic shift setup to your kart. This helps keep chassis options open and initial investment down, increasing value to the driver.

It’s a bit of a gamble in some ways, but the package is not nessacarily intended to convert guys that already have two stroke shifters and/or shifter kart chassis with front brakes and the lever setup. It’s more for folks looking for more speed and the thrill of banging gears without having to switch to a two stroke. ie someone with a 206, World Formula, Tillotson etc. That’s not to say that drivers with a KA or TaG couldn’t give it a whirl too and save on running costs.

Also like the idea that you can see the driver doing work with this shift setup, one thing I hear from people outside the sport is that it’s hard to tell engines apart as they all look the same… This is pretty easy to make out and adds a bit of a dimension.

1 Like

Interesting perspective! My observation was mainly coming from a safety point of view, as the right hand is very far from the steering wheel, but I guess since shifts are less frequent, probably not a big deal Are you running front brakes with that setup?

1 Like

Rear brakes only. Although ironically enough this frame did start out as a shifter.

Shift lever wise: I figure with either setup your right hand is off the wheel, but I do get your point.

Buttoned up a carb rebuild last night and was reflecting on how I was completely prepped for the upcoming weekend really far in advance.

…went to fire it for test fire and nothing!!! Went to volt meter, bypassed switch, etc and ended up with the thing back in a million pieces with motor off, starter off where I found a broken wire on one of the starter brushes. Soo much for being done early.

1 Like

I stole my Sons kart and World Formula, put my seat in it for tonight. He’s not racing so I called dibs :rofl:

Only ever ran a 206. Now I’m going to race a bunch of kids and 20lbs overweight. :pray:

3 Likes

hi, how what worked?

Heading back to sweden for the swedish championship with alot money on the line. My rib injury healed at the veccation that was almost 2 months. And doc says im clear to race​:exploding_head::partying_face::partying_face:feels good to be back…

2 Likes

Welcome back and good luck. :racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car: