What does your racing number mean to you?

I chose 78 because 7 is traditionally considered to be a lucky number, and 8 is considered to be a lucky number/a number of great fortune of Chinese culture. My brother helped me pick the number, and he’s a huge nerd and 5 years older than me :slight_smile: Picked it when I was 11.

2 Likes

So 7 to maximize podiums and 8 to fatten purse. Wise.

2 Likes

…my number (3) is what the track had enough of this spring when we started racing. My son got 0 for the same reason. No meaning other than what numbers were available to put on the karts on the first race weekend.

1 Like

0 is Shroedinger’s kart: it’s simultaneously first and last.

1 Like

Makes for good karting music!

1 Like

Hahaha i run 8 but the cup im racing in alrdy had 8 taken so it became 80. 8 was a thing my dad used to tell me when i wa sa small kid. It was a kid program where like a doll went in a elevator woth 6 floors and you where supposed to guess what floor so i guessed and my dad said nooo i know its 8 and i allways laughed at it
:heart_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

I ordered a new sticker kit for my kart and went with 007. I know what you’re probably thinking…man of mystery, perhaps even James Bond. Nope, 0 wins, 0 podiums, 7 crashes :rofl:

5 Likes

Was this, by any chance, the marshal post at PFI at the exit of the first (of two) big cutback after the bridge?

Sorry to necro but I’m curious.

#32 for my CRG - Ray Harroun’s number on the Marmon Wasp from the 1911 Indy 500. I’m distantly related to him.

#567 for my Croc - EMD locomotive displacement per cylinder.

#95 for my AK-USA - Lightning McQueen’s number from Cars. Looked a lot closer when it was a yellow number on a red Birel.

#290 on my new Factory/Yamaha - the freeway running through my home city.

the first hairpin yeah

Well sim is indeed accurate. That’s what I suspected.

567 liters per cylinder?
Is that normal? Giant train?

The AC6000CW is a 6,000-horsepower (4,500 kW) diesel electric locomotive built between 1995 and 2001 by GE Transportation. It is among the world’s most powerful single-engined diesel locomotives. The locomotive was designed for extremely high horsepower needs, such as pulling heavy coal and ore trains

Displacement:

251.2 liters (15,330 cu in) (7HDL16, GEVO-16)[1]
175.2 liters (10,690 cu in) (7FDL16)[2]

IMG_9800

567 cubic inches per cylinder, nine and a half liters, two-stroke uniflow blower-scavenged engines with unit injectors. Usually either twelve or sixteen cylinders.

1 Like

That’s like an old Big Block’s displacement in a single cylinder! Holy Jesus!! I have seen a few pics of some of those massive freight ships with engines that fill a warehouse. Low RPM, but Massive Torque.

I’ve run 34 mostly. It was my first number on my 1983 Honda CR60R dirt bike. I wanted to be number 7, but it was sold out so I got a 3 and a 4 because it added to 7.

In dirt karting I was 17 because 34 was taken when we first went, and my birthday falls on a 17th.

If I need to run a three digit number, I run 734

My favorite 1-10 number is 5 and that is my second favorite number. My football number, favorite racecar number, and favorite overall number is 47. Due to most Karters running 3 digits my son runs #547. I am not very superstitious usually besides this subject. I am very unhappy if I can’t run my number. Glad my son doesn’t feel the same way and allowed me to pick for him lol.

We do funny things with numbers. My fave is 3 and I’m a bit superstitious so my kart number was multiples of 3: 369.

If we are using numerology then my 469 plate is 4+6+9=19 which is 1+9=10 which is 1+0=1. So if you think about it I am running the #1 plate! :rofl:

3 Likes