What kind of stand do you suggest?

You’re welcome! It’s pretty easy to get it off. I grab the loose end of the ratchet strap and pull up as I tilt the kart back. With a foot on the bottom of the stand, it’s not bad.

The hardest part for me now is getting the kart all the way up in one smooth motion. I had to add over 30 lbs of weight for my class minimum, and it’s tough to lever it all the way now. I may look at changing the fulcrum point.

Got it. Thanks a lot!

Im too stupid to comprehend such elegance… anyway to get a video demo?

Folks are nice about helping me get my kart off the stand in the pits. When I didn’t have an electric.

Just ask. It’s polite, however, for you to get the back since it’s heavier.

2 Likes

This video is how I got the idea for my modification. His custom made hooks put the center of gravity further back, which would make it easier to tilt, but I make it work.

1 Like

Anyone have experience with the stiletto stands

I bought the Dalmi Bigfoot stand at Fastech. Truly a case of getting what you pay for.

Of course, it doesn’t hurt to get it when it’s on sale (with a free battery charger).

I purchased the stiletto copy that italianmotors sells. It is $250, it use to be free shipping but I see they are charging $50 now. It works well for lifting the kart. You lift by the front bumper and the kart pivots on the rear bumper. Put the stand inlace with the head tilted and you’re done.

There are some issue though. The working height is low, so if you are tall it is a little cumbersome. The other issue is the tiny pivoting wheels don’t work great on dirt and even worse on stone. I have learned to put the large wheels in front but it would benefit from having larger wheels.

Did you put large wheels in front? I am 5’6" so the working height could be a plus for me.

Yes wheel it around with the large wheels in front, so you will be pushing the front of the kart. I realized my post early might be confusing. to put the kart in the stand, you lift the kart up from front, pivoting on the rear bumper (its a little rough on the bumper) and then maneuver the stand into position.

The working height is about 6" lower than a Streeter stand

Do you have a 2 or 4 stroke, wondering about fuel leaking when lifting on the bumper.

I have one of the Italian motors stands also and have had much the same experience. Overall I’m happy with it. It isn’t the most rock solid stand on the grid, but it works. It’s really easier when you’re tired to do it by yourself with the one-man stand than it is to lift it with help, plus it’s not uncommon on practice days or at home for me to be working alone.

I bought an electric KartLift stand last season. Me being a slim kinda guy, my karts are in the 200lb class without driver. My back thanks me, and my friends thank me.

I got a kart lift stand as well. They are pricey but when I am tired after a long final it’s nice to just press a button and have it up. It also gives all the free area under the motor to do work instead of having the bar in the way.

My stand, which I received by luck when I bought my kart second hand, is basically a platform on wheels (2 casters, 2 fixed) with 2 folding t-bars the support the kart. The T-bars are hinged at the base with pull pins to lock them in the upright position. It folds down for storage and transport and locks upright for pushing the kart down the runner to the grid. The biggest advantage is with a fixed frame, I can tip the kart onto its rear bumper, hold it up by the front bumper, remove the stand and lower the kart all by myself. Same in reverse, Power Republic mentions a similar stand in his Tack Essentials Video. I would suggest looking for something like this as a cheap alternative to a winch or electric stand.

This worked well for me for my first couple of seasons. Getting to the grid sucked though… The bonus was that there was usually a couple of take-off in the drum to race on :smiley:

3 Likes

This stand looks like a smart low cost alternative to an electric. It might be problematic to use for loading to/from a vehicle or trailer, so just something to consider.

Surprisingly not. Be it my Truck or Trailer, I simply roll the kart on stand up to the edge to the put the nose of the kart over the surface I moving the kart to, pull the pin on the front T-bar, momentarily support the front of the kart (lighter side) and kicking the T-bar down. I push the kart stand in as close as it will go and them lift the rear off the back T-bar and slide the kart the remaining way in. The process works the same in reverse.

It has been a One Man Show for a couple of years now and I have not had any issues. I can’t say it would work with a scissor style stand like a Streeter.

I’ve been using the basic stand and loading it like in the Power Republic video for as long as I have been karting, but the novelty of lifting a 100kg+ kart after a days racing is wearing off.

I experimented with an electric lift but they are quite bulky and pretty heavy too.

Then on a youtube search, I found a manual kart lift which looks to work off a lever action. Seems like a clever design. Problem is that I can’t find it anywhere in Australia or anywhere else online.
Would anybody know what brand of lift/stand is in these videos, or have any ideas where they can be found?

There’s a stand that I’ve seen around here that is very light weight and is a one man stand. Maybe helpful.
Brand is Stone