Your favorite car in motorsport

Based on purely esthetics, my likely . . . even though he just kissed the donkey and hit the wall.

Inspired my design . . .

IMG_0901

I can’t pick one. Here’s the first two that come to mind:

Lotus 49

Ferrari 4121

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

1,500 HP (in quali trim)… in 1973
Aluminum tube frame, and fiberglass belly pan.
Driver’s feet at, or beyond the front axle line.
And what appears to be a cutout in seat to fit Mark Donohue’s balls. :grin:

4 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

I always throught the Porche 962 and the IMSA type of racing was awesome. Seen here is the late Al Holbarts colors.
1985 Lowenbrau Porsche 962

6 Likes

Ferrari 333SP. I believe for the cool price of one million dollars these listed and came with an extra v12 engine. The sound of this car is bone-chilling with its quick rise and settle time. Last time I saw one in competition was at 24 Hours of Daytona. It was leading until it ran into technical issues. Other than that an original Audi R8 is a close second.

2 Likes

ohhhhh…I dig the lizard green chassis!!! :+1:

Ohhh…that Lotus 49! YEAH, baby!

Ive always had a thing for Alfas and Ferraris. The 164 ProCar to me was just a crazy concept that would have been cool to see what other manufacturers would have built.

1 Like

All LOVELY cars! No doubt! That Ferrari is a sexy beast, baby, yeah!
But, MY all time favorite is, and probably always will be…The Ford GT40!!
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Jackie Ickx…

1 Like

“And what appears to be a cutout in seat to fit Mark Donohue’s balls. :grin:

…or a place for him to evacuate his bowels when it scares the s*** out of him! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve got… a few.

2 Likes

The Lotus 49 was my favorite as a kid. I remember having a hot wheel of it as a kid. I played with it more than any other. Then at about 14 I met a friend who’s dad had a 1965 427 Cobra. Then this became my favorite.

1 Like

Here’s another short video showing Ron Fellows getting reacquainted with his and my favorite race car. The grin on his face and the on board video with the V12 engine screaming in harmony is pure motor sports nirvana. Check it out:

It’s doing well enough in IMSA.

The Z06 production car is looking pretty good, too.

Can’t wait to see the ZR1.

3 Likes

I think the sound will be the most intriguing part of the Z06. From sound bites I have heard it will sound nothing like any Corvette before.

2 cars that changed Indy and one of my favorites growing up mostly because I had the RC version

3 Likes