Your favorite car in motorsport

I burnt the back of my calf getting out of my sister’s BF’s cobra once! Gotta watch out for those side pipes!

Ah!! The vacuum cleaner!!! That was an oddball. :+1: SCCA banned it later, tho. I loved the Chaparral 2E with it’s big rear wing. (Driver adjustable!)

You got to see the STP Indy Turbine car in operation?!?! WOW!! There’s something I’ll bet you’ll never forget! I’m jealous! I assembled a Monogram plastic model of that car as a kid! Always wondered how they mated that turbine with a transmission!

Porsche 919 Evo…

Step 1: Take an LMP1 car and remove all rules and restrictions holding you back.
Step 2: Proceed to run the Nordschleife in 5:19.
Step 3: Replace driver’s underwear.

This thing is a monster. Stupid Fast.

4 Likes

Watch/listen to this:

Nice nice, very nice! Sounds great. Too bad it was a damp track, he REALLY could’ve got on it!

1 Like

My favorite has the be the one that me into my love for racing, Jimmie Johnsons #48

Screenshot 2021-08-26 210455

1 Like

Although I’m not a fan of current day Ford. The GT40 is the all time King. Piss off America, and watch what we build. Just ask Ferrari, rofl.

gt40

2 Likes

Brawn BGP 001

1 Like

Or this thing

1 Like

Wow, thats sounds really good. F1 should use rotaries.

1 Like

Perfect simple F1 car. Everything about the proportions and shapes was on point

This one. I was fortunate to work on this project. Play the video. The V12 soundtrack is amazing.

1 Like

The story behind early Australian touring cars is cool. Only around 250 of these Torana’s were made to comply with the “production” aspect of the rules at the time. One sold recently at auction for around 1 million dollarydoos.
bathurst

1 Like

One of my Favorites - HRT and Skaife at the height of their powers in V8 Supercars

1 Like

Something about 1,000 hp in a 1200 lb car on a dirt track…

1 Like

And wingless yet too. Big cajones on those guys.

1 Like

This bad boy for me…

4 Likes