2022 Formula 1 Season: Official Discussion Thread

Should be an interesting race, looks as though it will start dry, inters by half way and full wets by the end, if it doesn’t get red flagged.

1 Like

That’s a big IF!

I heard that Gasly will be announced this weekend for Alpine with De Vries taking his spot at AT. Gasly will surely be a good replacement for Alonso, will be interesting to see how he gets on with Ocon.

1 Like

I understand that Gasly and Ocon don’t particularly care for one another.

Caught a bit of the race last night. Genuinely fun, given all the offs. I’m not sure who it was in Haas car but man they were aggressive. I wish I could be like that but common decency usually kicks in.

1 Like

That’s supposedly the rumor, that they have hated each other since karting. Personally I think Gasly would beat Ocon head-to-head. I think he’s a better driver.

I assume you watched Singapore re-runs. Yeah probably was Magnussen. He is very feisty on the opening lap usually and has no problem banging wheels with guys. Gets him into trouble occasionally, like in Singapore with the front wing endplate being knocked askew. Other times he looks like a hero, when he moves up five spots on the first lap and runs among cars he shouldn’t be near.

Schumacher was in the other Haas and had a pretty quiet low-key race until George podded him.

Schumacher fighting for his drive and goes and bins it on the cooldown lap in FP1 this weekend… Not a good look for him. I think the team and most know he can be pretty quick and is good in races, but he’s written off so many cars this year it’s hard to justify him in a cost-cap era. I like Mick and would like to see him drive in F1 for a bit more but you just can’t keep totaling the car like that, especially when you drive for the lowest budget team.

Evidently Ocon stole Gasly’s girlfriend :joy: Gasly still holds a grudge

Drive to survive: F1 love triangle

1 Like

Nah it is not rumor, that is true

That is not true though :grin:

I hope it’s true that Gasly is going to Alpine, he is a driver I am often rooting for. I remember when he won is one and only race, I was trying to help him drive the car from couch willing him on :joy: It will be good for him to be in a works team albeit not the best. This will show us and the F1 crowd if he truly has or hasn’t got what it takes to be consistent at the sharper end of the field.

Aaaaaand

2 Likes

Anyone staying up to watch Q?

Sorry. Other way around.

Wait. So it’s true that it was claimed but it’s not true that he did?

Who knows. No smoke without fire tho. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I’d be up that late anyways so of course

1 Like

10am :grin::grin:

Have to find a quiet spot to hide for an hour lol

This is purely hearsay observation but Gasly looks like a driver who needs the team all on his side and to be buddy buddy with his team mate. While Ocon seems to relish the conflict.

To me Gasly seems like the nicer guy so I’d like him to do well and i think hes faster but i suspect Ocon will break him down (if hes not already doing it from his beneficial already in the team position).

Nah still not true, this is just some BS

I predict……inters for the start, full wets somewhere around 45 mins and a red flag 10 laps or so from the end. Full points.

Well I hope it rains a t some point tomorrow to at least spice it up a little!

1 Like