2022 Formula 1 Season: Official Discussion Thread

too much rain and it’ll be called off :frowning:

You could be right unfortunately! I loved kart racing in the rain. I remember one time at Pembrey it poured and you had to guess where the turn in and braking points were for the turns because of the spray :grimacing:

That’s a LOT of rain after 3pm, I’m expecting it to be cut short.

1 Like

I also heard yesterday on TV the thing with Herta not being granted a super license, combined with some team principals vetoing of Andretti entering F1 has done a lot of damage to F1 reputation stateside, Williams may be holding off waiting for Sargeant to earn enough super license points after Abu Dhabi tyre test, they said, to repair some of the damage.

It sure hasn’t helped. F1 awarding points like Indycar is some minor series is ludicrous. Both are equally difficult, for different reasons.

2 Likes

Well that didn’t last long.
Hopefully it can get going again soon.

I am wondering how the F1 screenless roll hoop vs the Indycar screen hoop would be in comparison with the rain.

FIA is a joke. Stops the race for medium rain, (for safety) than sends out a tractor during the safety car. On track. While drivers are still catching up to the queue. Ugh

1 Like

Absolute disgrace. Leaves such a sour taste. this should never happen especially when we have learned what can happen from history.

Why would F1 care about what IndyCar team principles think? reputational damage is only a problem if there’s a material cost. F1 is the biggest show in town and really can do whatever they want, and they often do.

I’d be surprised if they get going again, it’s not forecast to even start easing off until 6pm.

They waited until blue skies… it’s gonna be dry after a few laps, everyone’s going to have to pit for inters writhing 3 racing laps.
Not a big fan of this
But @tjkoyen the announcers liked your idea!
Ok Nevermind it’s still fairly wet…

F1 tv direction is horrid… Hamilton and Ocon going side by side, vettel and Alonso crossing the line side by side, camera: verstappen by himself

Max needs to buy Checo a steak dinner…
The pressure finally got to Charles.

Night all…

I didn’t stay up to watch, toddler was at his grandparents’ for the night so I took advantage of that and slept more than I have all week…

Glad I watched this morning when I woke up, allowed me to skip the delay. Wish that race would’ve gone on longer, the tire deg differences and the battles were pretty fun!

Congrats to Max, what a dominant season.

2 Likes

So… Austin. Looks like it will be nice and dry, so no issues with weeping tracks this year.

Was a cool FP1 with all new faces. Bad time for Gio to stuff it into the wall…

2 Likes

Yeah cool to see so many rookies, and see how Palou got on out there.

1 Like

Sargeant announced to Williams if he gets super license

3 Likes

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

American Wrestling GIF

He does only have a few points on the guys behind him in the championship though, a bad run in Abu Dhabi and he could drop several places. He needs a solid race.

Doesn’t he get extra point if he takes part in the tyre tests afterwards? Otherwise he needs a P6 finish without any penalties if I’m not mistaken

Enjoying the commentary by Hinch.

1 Like