2022 Formula 1 Season: Official Discussion Thread

Go ahead you can say it. I am a n00b.

:joy:. Haas/Dallara built a really good car this year. I would hope so since they had the most Aero hours out of all teams. Was funny watching teams study and photograph the Haas car at the start of the season.

1 Like

P1 P2 Mercedes :grin:
Just learned some things about Logan Sargent and im no longer such a big fan…
Can’t we have a problem free American driver that gets in off pace and not bucket loads of money?

What’s wrong with Sargeant?

He needs to pull his finger out

I won’t go into the political side of it but apart from that he’s just another pay driver

Well he is legitimately good too. Every driver is going to be a pay driver these days. It costs tens of millions to get to F1. Most of the grid brought some money to get there.

And let’s not pretend one side is fishier than the other when it comes to politics, but I think I get the hint.

I guess that’s fair. Can’t make it to f1 without millions of pocket change.
But it does seem like a pay driver deal. BUCKETS of money, and a mildly talented driver.
Sort of stroll and latifi esque.

Lemme understand how this works. Let’s say you are Checo who is backed by Carlos Slim? A team wants you because a) you can hoof a car and b) your sponsorship $ contributes to car development/operation?

Danni Ric RBR reserve driver for 23

Yep that’s about it.

Sometimes being able to wheel the car is less important. You can have less of one ingredient but you need to compensate with the other.

Latifi needs to bring more money than Norris for example.

2 Likes

I don’t believe his dad had any dealings with being “fishy”. That may be incorrect put on the wrong person.

1 Like

Indeed. His uncle is the fishy one

I was wrong, it’s his grandfather.
That’s better I guess? More degrees of separation from him?

@tjkoyen stroll had an arguably better junior career than Logan, so I don’t have high hopes

Leclerc vs Checo will be the thing to watch Sunday.

1 Like

https://corp.formula1.com/formula-1-announces-f1-academy-a-new-female-driver-series-for-2023/

1 Like

300k (150k financed by the FIA, 150k out of the pocket from the driver) is insane. Especially to race a F4. I don’t understand the goal of the FIA with that series, the F4 is not physical to drive, just finance promising girls in karting and regular F4

I find these programs weird, and a tad creepy.

So you get a girl who’s sh*t hot. Wins some FIA races…then the FIA expect her to gender-segregate for what 2 years while her male counterparts who she competed against, stay competing against each other… then she jumps back into mixed competition. It makes no sense from a talent development point of view. No female worth her salt will want to do this.

The governing body financing drivers, while they compete with non-financed drivers, is ethically questionable. How would you feel racing under a governing body who is giving money to your competition. They can only finance if they finance everything… like with the academy.

1 Like

It is already happening, at least in France with the FFSA French team

I would like my cut, FIA.

1 Like