2022 IndyCar Season: Official Discussion Thread

Wild to see Malukas, Calderon, Defrancesco, and Ilott out there… all drivers who I still picture as cadet and junior karters.

I’m old!

1 Like

Nothing makes you feel old like cadet drivers becoming professional race car drivers.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize Calderon was 28… I thought she was younger. But I guess I remember her running Rotax Junior around the same time I was running juniors.

Must also be kind of cool to see how some of them progressed over the years.

Also, where did Dalton Kellet come from? P14, that’s gotta be a best starting position for him. Good for him.

Yeah for sure. Malukas, Kirkwood… Both were really good as long as I can remember. Calderon was pretty decent in a kart as well.

Interesting to see how a few drivers who you knew would make it, actually did it. And then some others who you thought were going to make it but never did.

First time watcher here… excited

So many potential Indy car race winners (10 plus?), compared to 2 in F1 2021.

1 Like

How are you guys getting the IndyCar race at St. Pete? I’m on DISH looking everywhere, and I cannot find it. And I have all Indy stuff scheduled to record . . .

It was on NBC at 11am (eastern) today

NBC sports is no longer offerred on DISH in 2022, unless you want to pay an extra $12 per month. Seems like this is what’s in store for 2022 as things move more toward streaming . . . :rage:

It was on just plain old NBC. I “streamed” it old school via antenna.

2 Likes

Not NBC sports, just normal broadcast NBC.

1 Like

I have peacock so I watched on there.

I bought tickets to the Boston GP. Would’ve been a dream. Bostonians suck

You’ll also find some of the racing NBC covers on USA Network along with Premiere League football (soccer).

You can also watch Indycar races on twitch streams, some people actually stream them, I don’t know if it’s technically legal but I mean it’s free lol

Yeah that was my go-to before I had a way to stream it since I don’t have cable.

If you need to go that route, I can PM you a channel name.

I’m hoping Jimmie Johnson gets some decent results this year. I think its super cool that he’s taking on Indycar racing for the full season.

I am curious to see if he can do better on ovals. I think he’ll be more at home there. He still looks really far out of his depth on the street course at least.

But I commend him on taking up the challenge and not quitting and putting the work. I’m sure it’s mentally tough to jump into the deep end of open-wheel road racing and be in the back when he was so used to dominating before in NASCAR.