2023 Formula 1 Season: Official Discussion Thread

Haas’s real car, you can see the engine cover is the same as the livery reveal, but they positioned themselves to hide the front wing a bit. I think that front endplate is a dummy.

Alfa, Red Bull and Haas are doing their filming days so 2023 cars are on-track!

So I saw an artcle that said Red Bull is teaming up with FORD for the 2025 F-1 season so FORD can use the platform to push their electrified vehicles?

2026 but yeah. There are new engine regulations coming in 2026 that are supposed to be more relevant and lucrative to OEMs so there are a few manufacturers jumping in, including Audi/VW Group.

Sounds like Ford won’t be a full-on engine builder in this instance yet, they will be partnering with Red Bull’s powertrain factory to help contribute/share tech.

New AlphaTauri renders released with updated livery and new sidepod inlets.

2 Likes

I dub them “basking shark” sidepods.

1 Like

Pretty much the only time Ford has been successful in F1 is when they just pay experts and stay out of it (except maybe 1994). Ford Cosworth DFV was just Lotus trying to get funding for cosworth to build an engine and Ford stumped up the cash in exchange for the name.

I do think its kind of funny that RedBull probably could of bought cosworth when they bought Jaguar F1 and in the end they set up their own engines thing and Ford are back.

HAAS evaluation…

2 Likes

Its interesting not covered in that video on the alpha the most interesting part of the bodywork. The 2nd pod or sidepod shelf is pretty wild. Almost like a Mini Ferarri sidepod near the top of the car with that crazy exit towards the B wing.

Ferrari 2022 with some changes it looks like.

McLaren livery is here. Not much change around the paddock this year.

1 Like

I liked the color wheels last year and still like them. Is there a use for it or is it just meant to be pretty?

McLaren is sponsored by Google Chrome, so they use the wheel covers as a clever Google reference.

Aha! That makes sense, thanks! It seemed odd as a design choice.

No context Nico.

It’s always funny when they try to get F1 drivers to do American football themed photoshoots or activities and none of them know how to hold the ball or how to stand or pose.

Nico use the LACES!

1 Like

Just off camera are the 350lb linemen about to squash him.

1 Like

New Aston

Actual new Williams

Really seeing a ton of aero convergence between the teams this year. Everyone trying to integrate Ferrari and Red Bull side pod solutions with the cut-back top edge of the intake inlet, the sloping pod downwashing into the floor, and some channeling on top of the pod. While it’s a bit boring to see all the cars looking much more similar, hopefully that means the field tightens up as we converge on the best solutions.

The Haas so far seems to be the most unique sidepod layout (which probably indicates the Ferrari is the same), keeping the wide pods with the ‘bathtub’ depression on top, where most other teams have gone the Red Bull route.

1 Like

Astons side pod is pretty aggressive. They looked at Ferrari’s bath tub pods and said “not deep enough”.

3 Likes

Yeah dang, from that angle you can see their pods are way more aggressive. Very curious to see what Ferrari presents.

Actually in my mind makes me think alot of drag… thats alot to keep that air attached. I expect them to struggle at high speed circuits.

But, then again maybe its super efficient vs wing angle.