2024 Formula 1 Season Discussion

Well played Valterri

1 Like

So Canada was a good race! Lots of overtaking and mistakes made, weather like that always spices it up. Very enjoyable.
Checo, oh dear! Still surprised he got re-signed, might come back to bite RBR as far as the team championship goes.
Good to see Merc appearing to be competitive but Ferrari a bit of a mystery.

1 Like

The Haas gamble in the first stint was awesome. Shame the crew fumbled the pit stop or KMag wouldā€™ve had some points I think.

Really fun race though! Love those conditions and Canada itself is such a cool track.

3 Likes

I feel like Iā€™m watching the downfall of Red Bull in slow motion. I think their two biggest mistakes have been:

#1 not keeping Newey happy (not sure how much of that relates to their handling of the Horner situation and how much is other factors)

#2 prioritizing well-funded, washed up big name drivers over talented/fast drivers (Perez and Ricciardo over Yuki and Lawson), damaging both their on track performance and the credibility of their driver development programs

I think itā€™s inevitable that these two mistakes will eventually be their undoing, even if Max is able to keep them afloat for years to come yet. Itā€™s very hard to predict right now how long it will take for these mistakes to overwhelm all the advantages they currently have (still the best car, best pit crew/strategists, best driver on the grid, money, facilities, and a lot of talent in the factory).

Norris puts down an absolute BELTER of a lap.
Dark villain Briatore appears and Alpine make it to Q3.

5 Likes

We are so back /s.
Renault is back

1 Like

Meh I forgot my team.

Times were so tight! Until those two laps by Lando and Max.

2 Likes

Qualy was great! Lando seems to have the confidence now that is needed to fight right at the top.
Briatore made no difference to Alpine imho. Should have kept Otmar as TP, he was the man for the job (aside from the Piastri fiasco).

I thought I heard in the commentary that Red Bull had Perez tow Verstappen on his final run and that was worth 3 tenths.

Makes Norrisā€™ lap more impressive.

3 Likes

Yeah Max said it wasnā€™t planned he just happened to come up on Checo on the straight as Checo finished his lap, but he noted how it still wasnā€™t enough and conceded Lando and McLaren were faster today.

Piastri couldā€™ve been top 5 as well without his massive mistake on his lap.

Alpineā€™s performance was really exciting. Their drivers smashed it. They have the most underrated driver pairing on the grid IMO. People forget how fast those two are.

I know itā€™s not F1 but itā€™s at an F1 weekend. Did anyone notice Americans own Chloe Chambers winning the F1 Academy race this morning.

2 Likes

Good for Chloe! Sheā€™s local to this area and used to race fSeries with Justin white and the gang. Last I saw she was doing stuff with Porsche as well as racing formula.

I did yes. Sheā€™s quicker than Logan :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sheā€™s doing really well. Really cool to hear the anthem played on an ā€œF1ā€ podium.

1 Like

Great race yesterday! Lando lost it on the start tbh, tyre strategy not the best either. Some good racing and over takes. Glad no on got penalized for the overtakes just good hard racing:) If it hadnā€™t been for his long pit stop Gasly probably would have have finished in front of Perez.

1 Like

Max is showing his worth now that the Red Bull isnā€™t a dominant. Checo is having quite the time with that car, but Max is proving that he is indeed a huge reason for the Red Bull dominance in the past few seasons.

Second race of the year where Lando was just laps away from another win. Heā€™s driving incredibly at the moment and obviously Oscar is very good but he looked slightly more ordinary this weekend compared to his teammate.

2 Likes

Did you see Gaslys radio? :joy::joy: SAVAGE!!

2 Likes

This just is mean spirited.

I mean itā€™s racing.