Bert's 2022 Fantasy F1 League Thread

I’ve deleted and reloaded the app, still not working ffs. Guess I’m gonna nose dive this one

So you are gonna have a mechanical DNF for a fantasy race. That’s immersion.

1 Like

I won’t give out all my knowledge since I’m locked in a tight title battle with @NikG , but the easiest way to sus out a team for the weekend would be to just look at the FP2/3 results and pick out the guys who are fastest that you can afford. The only note would be to also take into consideration which cars tend to do better at certain tracks and if there are updates coming.

For example, your bottom level drivers would probably be the Haas, Williams, and Alfa guys. The Williams is strong on fast tracks, so you would probably take Albon for Monza or Spa (assuming his appendix doesn’t explode). The Ferrari customer teams seem to do better on tighter tracks (Haas especially), so swap out Albon for Magnussen or Bottas for Singapore. Bottas especially strong in FP2, and his value is down lately, so he’s a good snag I’d say.

…and don’t forget to field a full team and select your talent driver…

1 Like

Oof that was a rough one.

Mine was rough but marginally less rough then yours.

1 Like

Think everyone’s was rough, I’m shocked to have gone up a place without a single front runner and both alpines dnf !

Botas’ 15 overtakes was my hero

Yeah, I’m not sure how I managed to avoid the carnage on that one. I’m coming for 1st.

As far as strategy, for the past few weeks, I’ve been focusing on rebuilding value. I think I’ve picked at least two drivers per week that had DNF’s the previous week, hoping they pull themselves together and get value back.

1 Like

Next race looks like it may well be another Spa ‘21, sailors weather which is always pretty accurate has heavy rain from Sat evening right through to Monday evening. Like heavy heavy rain.

I’m so pissed with the FIA, that’s two races that could’ve been started on full wets, and possibly given races that would be written down as classics. But instead we wait until the track is dry because apparently the cars are allergic to water

1 Like

Really gun shy about wet conditions after Japan 2014 and then Spa last year.

Again, another example where my idea for an FIA-mandated “mud flap” or piece of bodywork that knocks down the spray might help. The spray is especially an issue on a walled off street circuit.

But yeah I think we could’ve gone racing much sooner and used the full wets. There was no spray in most of the track once they started running.

1 Like

Rain at Spa makes for a great race, unlike Singapore with the concrete canyons.

As long as it’s not snowing there… were good.

Did you miss ‘21 debacle? 2 laps ‘racing’ behind a safety car doesn’t a great race make!! F1 management don’t let them drive anything other than a drying track these days.

WTF1 podcast had an interesting take that it seems like dry races are becoming better than wet races. With the cars becoming more and more similar with each rules update. That coupled with the lack of DRS in the rain. Rain races aren’t necessarily something to look forward to. It takes very specific conditions for a rain race to be entertaining. Light rain halfway through a race, or a wet start with a rapidly drying track.

No I didn’t miss it. Rain equals the playground. Anyone can then win - which is something people claim they want, until it impacts the driver(s) they root for.

Usually it is heavy only during part of the race, not the entire time as in 21. I also remember snow falling one year - but not enough to stop the race.

Rain does bring more errors though. We saw Lewis and Max and George all make lock-ups and mistakes they wouldn’t normally do. Plus the added bonus of the track drying out making opportunities for someone to time the switch to slicks just right means that there is a chance a car out of position could make up a huge gap and get into a good position.

I kept hoping Magnussen would have some miracle tire call since he had 5 less laps on his inters than everyone to start after he was forced to change the wing.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, the Callan method bore some fruit this week. 4 of my 6 were profitable.

1 Like

Again in Japan, 5/6 profitable.

1 Like

I did a set-it-and-forget-it for the last three races. Locked ‘em in for all three, let’s see what happens!

I tried the forget it but don’t set it method. Didn’t work too well

Nooooo i forgot to pick a driver and a star driver!

1 Like