First ventures on track post covid

Well that seems like a more useful thing than my garmin. Very cool.

How does Whoop compare to Garmin’s ‘body battery’

Here’s an in depth review:

Pretty solid review. I basically agree with everything in there, though I haven’t quite had as many issues with HR inaccuracies. Probably because my workouts are less intense than this guy’s.

The data on sleep, recovery, and daily load has been really helpful for me. It’s fascinating to see how things like drinking or caffeine affect your sleep, and I’ve learned a lot about my body’s needs just based off the sleep data.

Thanks for your input regarding this product, TJ. As a cyclist, I have lots of friends who use this and swear by it! I believe when used right, you can predict and manipulate when to be on peak form both physically and mentally. And it’s not just cycling, but driving as well.

For sure. Most of my workouts are cycling and it works great for that! The bicep band is a must though. Wearing it on your wrist is almost guaranteed to produce inaccuracies unfortunately.

You have me curious now. Especially to compare to the Apple Watch.

I need to get the finger out and add some content to this topic :smiley:

Turned another 50 or so laps last night once the sand storm cleared. Holy moly Tokyo drift first session :rofl:. Stinky hot :hot_face:

1 Like

Here’s a couple fun clips from my race Thursday. I am saddened to report that my son beat me in both heats. In the following clip, he shows me just how much he cares for my well-being:

Here’s a close shave courtesy of the fast new guy, Lucas Beltran. This guy was relentless in pre and final and is likely to be a new nemesis:

What rental race is complete without exercising your right to bang cages? Here’s me getting pincered in the claw of doom:

Enjoy!
2 Likes

Shared my seat with Porsche factory driver Pat Long yesterday and it was an absolute blast. He was in town for the weekend and wanted to go karting, how can I turn that down? Sent him out for some sighting laps and scuff the tires, or that was the initial plan, and by lap 5 he was on pace and by lap 7 he was 0.2 faster than I’ve gone. Every hot tire lap of every session was within 0.1 of his best. I guess that’s why he makes the big bucks, huh. I jump in later and I go quicker than I’ve gone but still 0.1 off his fast time (I’ll use the used tire excuse to make myself feel better). Super cool experience. Watching the video and looking at his data is very humbling.

8 Likes

That’s freaking cool. He’s such a well rounded pilot.

He’s impressive, that’s for sure!

Who else is on track today?

OVRP 6hr today!

1 Like

Does work count? I’m at Road America for the IMSA race.

5 Likes

Well, that was exhausting. Actually managed to get heart rate up to 180 in a rental kart. These were pretty peppy for 4-stroke rentals.

We did pretty well but made a variety of boneheaded mistakes that hurt time-wise. Dumb stuff associated with following the rules that got forgotten in the rush. Next time, we won’t make the same errors. Lesson(s) learned.

1 Like

Rubbish camera angle, didn’t have time to set it properly.

Eh, I like it. Very artsy and would be nice as part of a larger video.

1 Like

Agree with Dom. That’s a cool angle. Too many people forget to shoot karts low and close to convey the speed like this.

2 Likes