How do you Transport Your Kart? [Pic Topic]

(Aaron Hachmeister) #41

It was probably two years ago now, but yeah we used to stuff everything into an Odyssey and go to the track

(Dave) #42

LOL. Didn’t you have some disks mounted to the rear or something? I remember you guys - we pitted across from you thinking “hey we’re not he only ones!” You must have picked up a trailer about that time because we haven’t seen that van since. Could have been Rt66 2015. Still doing it - 3rd season!

(Aaron Hachmeister) #43

Yeah, my friend is a machinist and made some 6" aluminum wheels to roll the kart in on. It made the process easier but still was a pain to do week in week out.

We picked up the trailer May of 2016, although we still have the van and could bring it out for the novelty sometime.

God that thing’s a piece of crap though. One door doesn’t work, there’s a hole in the cat, interior lights are always on so we had to disconnect them, no AC, I could probably go on for a while about it, but I’d still use it in a worst case scenario type situation.

(Peter Zambos) #44

I really wish I had taken a pic of our first mode of transport, an '81 Saab 900. We put over 300k miles on it before we had to call Victory Auto :slight_smile: With the back seats down, we fit 1 kart (there was no plastic spoiler, pods or bumper back then) in one piece with its flathead mounted, tool box, kart stand, fuel, spare B&S, lawn chair (for Mom) and driver gear.

We’re like a goldfish, and we’ve always grown to the size of our trailer, packing it tightly. I look forward to upsizing our current trailer, but have no illusions that we won’t fill the extra space with more stuff immediately.

(James McMahon) #45

A post was merged into an existing topic: Shipping Options for a Kart

(Phil) #46

That’s a 5’7 bed, right? Can you close the tailgate like this? Did you have to take off the front spoiler?