How do you Transport Your Kart? [Pic Topic]

Love it!!! Next time you go out, let me know how you arrange all your additional gear. Stands, tools, spares, etc. Always looking for ideas,

I’ll try and snag a photo next time. But it was me my wife, and our 7 year-old (with his car seat)

We managed to fit the kart on the back with a 5-gal fueling jug on the seat. In the car, with half of the back-seat folded down I stashed:

• big rubbermaid bin full of spares, tools, etc.
  • toolbox
  • RLV rolling stand
  • 10x10 EZ-up
  • all my driving gear
  • 5gal unopened fuel can

Honestly, I was quite surprised how much stuff I could jam in there and still have someone sit in the back seat.

That’s awesome. I’ll be sure to take a pic as well. I had both my 4 and 2.5yr old with me in car seats. All my gear fit in the trunk and the trailer. My rolling toolbox is maybe 1/4" too tall (the trunk glass presses against it, but not an issue closing it).

Kart on trailer.

• 10x10 canopy, folding kart stand and fuel jug under kart
  • 6ft wide bi-folding table
  • 6gal compressor
  • Rolling toolbox
  • Rubbermaid bin with spares
  • 2 folding chairs
  • Spare tire for trailer (i need to mount this on the tongue)

I would as well. My wife already wants to get one, but the money has to come first. She wants it to escape the heat of Texas during the summer racing months.

2 Likes

I like this. #commitment

I can’t blame you. I just gave up doing anything much this summer. Leadville Colorado needs a kart track for summer months… :wink:

What is that pipe on the 206?!

1 Like

Trailer was extra full this weekend

2 Likes

RLV pipe. Have to run it at GoPro Motorplex for noise.

Ah interesting. Thanks for the info. I had never seen that before. Does it speed up the 206 like a pipe speeds up a KT? Or is the exhaust already restricted too much for the pipe to have any benefit other than noise muffling?

It’s really just meant to turn the volume down on them. Pipes have an influence on four stroke performance, but it’s not nearly as profound as it is with a two stroke.

1 Like

I said i’d get a photo then forgot to post. Went out to Summit Point by myself in late september.

I received a few compliments on the compact setup.

I’d like to figure out a way to get the kart stand on the trailer as well, that would really free up interior space.

1 Like

Get 10"+ lag bolts from the hardware store. Then stack your pieces of wood to the height of the stand.
You can give it a significantly better finish than I have here. This was a one day temporary solution that has worked so well I just haven’t tweaked it yet. Sorry, only picture I have on my phone atm.

I just have small D rings on the top and use ratchet straps over the 4 tires in place. Been sturdy for 2 years. If I could do it again, I’d be more accurate and even try to find a planer to create a cleaner stack. Would also add a cross brace in the front for added stability. My stand only goes up about 3/4 of the deck.

1 Like

Here’s a shot with the kart stand under the kart and 10x10 canopy on the left. Usually have a small 2gl fuel tank tucked in the gap as well.
IMG_0590

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a good idea. I’ll have to see if I can do that and still have everything fit vertically in between houses (I live in baltimore city in a row home).

2 Likes

So I actually started with a need to keep the deck height low so I could mount the trailer against the wall in the garage just like you have yours. So the stacked wood was removable. The bottom was bolted down, but the additional 2 pieces of wood were removable.
Same concept. I wish I’d saved more detailed plans and pics. Basically once the bottom piece is bolted to the trailer, the other stacked 4x4 pieces are held in place by 3 (10" bolts) on each side. I did recess the holes for the bolts into the top by about 2". Allowed for the bolt to go all the way through the bottom piece of wood.
Tough to describe but hopefully that helps.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

57939603434__683E7FE7-60D5-4E5C-AB13-05072235A63D
I took my maiden voyage to my local track last night, which thankfully is only 10 minutes away from my house. I got some strange looks the entire drive over. I’m using a slightly modified cargo carrier. Basically, I didn’t put the top rails on to make it easier to slide the kart in, but still have some structure to hold it in. The axle gets a ratchet start to hold it down, and I use two ratchet straps at the top that go through the cabin. I’m still working on a better trunk ledge support, but for now I have two pieces of one by lumber screwed together at a 90-degree angle. First, I lay down a moving blanket on the trunk ledge, then I put the angle piece on top of that. The kart gets lifted onto its back bumper, tilted to one side, slide onto the cargo carrier and rested onto the trunk ledge support. It’s a challenge, but I can load and unload it on my own. The back seat of the car folds down, so fitting a kart stand, tools, and safety equipment is no problem. I drain oil, and gas from the carb before loading. I also temporarily remove the vent tube from the gas tank, and route the feed tube from the engine to the vent tube during transport.

6 Likes

Where there’s a will there’s a way. Bonus points for cool BMW. Some folks use the inexpensive harbor freight trailers, assuming you can tow hitch a sedan.

Excellent. That’s the kind of setup I’ve used on occasion with our XC90. I’ve always wondered if a custom solution, more geared towards transporting a kart would sell.

What BMW is that, I’m having trouble guessing from that angle. I’d say e39, but the trunk looks too short, maybe e46, but the side doesn’t look like an e46 body to me?

I have an e39 540.