How do you Transport Your Kart? [Pic Topic]

The only reason why I have it low is to make it easier to get in/out of the bed by myself. I actually want to make a couple of changes to it to make that easier; add rollers to the rearward bar, connect the two bars together so they can’t rotate, and put some better rubber on the front bar (currently just a door seal glued to the aluminum). Having more room underneath would be nice, but it’s still able to fit a lot under. I think it’s 11” from the bed to the bottom of the bar.

Gotcha, looks good though. If I did it would add some sort of channel going the length of the bed that fit on the horizontal bars. The you could attach some detachable ramps extending past the tail gate so so you roll right from kart stand onto ramps onto the channel. Then you could leave the tires on.

Believe me, I’d love to keep the tires on. Unfortunately my truck bed isn’t wide enough. The way I wanted to do it was with two surfaces that went the length of the bed that the tires would roll on and keep the center open to get things through. Similar to how a lot of open car trailers are set up, just on a smaller scale and floating in the bed.

1 Like

Here are the most recent photos of Kartzilla. It’s almost done, just doing some finishing touches

Uploading: 89051655_3243371009010392_95053037919272960_o.jpg…

3 Likes

I feel like you’re just showing off at this point…:joy:

1 Like

It’s a fearsome beast! I like.

I think it is pretty unique, cool, purposeful, and less expensive than the pickup truck that normally pulls a trailer. I guess it is showing off, but might be inspiration for someone too. It’s just an old box truck with a lot of sweat equity.

3 Likes

I like it, literally the reason this thread exists.
I had a conversation once about the price difference between a tow vehicle and trailer verses a truck.
Truck wins every time in my opinion, with the prices some people pay for tow vehicles and trailers.
To be clear i like what you’ve done and tone does not come across well in type, something i should have learnt by now.

1 Like

sometimes it comes down to what space you have for storage, or how much you want to pay for yearly registration and insurance. etc. etc.

What freightliner is that?

I like the idea of a truck too because I loath towing. Reversing is a fun skill with them (I used to park planes in a former life) but on the road I hate lugging that thing behind me.

I have been hunting for the perfect project to build a full-on Dajiban kart hauler.

I won’t be racing this much this year, so it doesn’t make a lot of sense for me right now, but maybe this will be my winter project.

I almost pulled the trigger on a couple Dodge vans a month ago, but the wife scolded me (aka brought me back to reality).

4 Likes

I saw this a while back and thought with the correct wrap this would be sweet.

1 Like

Your window for owning that type of car is likely closing. I doubt there will be cool vans in the future. Buy that thing right away and get a 70s Boris Vallejo airbrush job on the side.

Edit: that delivery truck is bagged. That’s a new level of commitment to stance.

Plenty of 90s Dodge cargo vans out there yet.
The key is finding the 250/2500 3/4 model, hatch opening, sliding side door in decent shape with no frame rust.

I’ve got the lowering kit sourced already. You could have a cool, unique build that will hold 2 karts and stuff, and pull a little trailer if you need it.

Mural on the side is a definite no. Doesn’t fit the Dajiban style. Unless it’s an anime girl.

Well it is a new century… I fear the glorious fantasy airbrushes of my youth have been replaced by manga and Jojo.

I had to look up Dajiban style…

1 Like

and welded diff. and boost. ALL the boost!

I remember growing up there was a team at the track that bought an old wonder bread van. The inside was lined with tool boxes and work benches. It was an awesome setup.

2 Likes

I bought the trailer for $50… worth every penny

3 Likes

Fl70.
… and 20 more characters