IAME KA100 Reviews and Feedback

David, a couple of years ago, we had fields of over 30 Yamahas in our series. As soon as the KT was allowed, most of the KT drivers switched. Just moving to an engine with a more reliable clutch made it with it. But if you guys want to still run Yamahas, let me know. I’ve got one on the shelf and I’ll bet there are many more in the Midwest that do as well.

Do it Gage. I know you’ll be racing with us, but it will be a fun time. I think it will be a decent size class next year around here because there seems to be several ready to move over from the Jr. 206 class, or coming up from Mini. Also, don’t be afraid to ask us for help when we’re at the track.

Here in Texas, it wasn’t big at all, until halfway through the year. One series here, the Texas Sprint Race Series, did not have a junior class until the 3rd round, and then had at least 6 each of the final 3 rounds, whereas the seniors had no more than 4 until the final round that had 10. Keep trying and it might catch on.

1 Like

Hahaha. I wish my name was David, sometimes. :wink:

So sorry, Davin.
Additional characters here so post meets minimum length requirements.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Experimenting with KA100 Ignition Timing

Does anyone know if the setup for the blueprint (port height) and carb are different from Jr. to Sr spec…or is it literally throw in the exhaust restrictor to change the spec?

I ask because a couple of engines that have come on the market recently are Jr. spec but attractive deals if they are easily converted to Sr.

Just a restricted part on the header. I think it’s still the same pipe just and insert that closes it off a bit.

Id love to get into KA next season, are there any races in the North East area? (MA, NY, NJ etc)

The east coast is more Vortex VLR territory. Equally good package though.

As it was stated, the only difference is the header.

OVRP in Middletown NY runs 100cc light and heavy classes (KA and VLR). FSeries State Championship in NJ (Englishtown & Millville) run a mixed Yamaha & 100cc class as well. Not big turn outs big turnouts but they are trying to grow them.

3 Likes

@E13 they did the vortex deal last year and now there’s fields of 8 for the 100cc, I hear. Pretty sure Marco has something coming for 2020 because when I ran into him, he intimated it.

Everyone around here runs tag, mostly rotaxes leopards and x30’s. I have only seen 2-3 yamahas and haven’t seen any ka/vlr’s (long island karting and ovrp)

Ok thank you! I’ll try and make my way to one this year.

The only thing that throws me off f tag right now is the price. I think I might have to suck it up and get one because ka doesn’t seem to be growing here.

try to find a used leopard package or rotax. they can be had for under $1000 and sometimes as cheap as $500. You can always upgrade the rotax or switch motors if you want something faster later.

Leopards go for 300 to 500 complete around here when they come up for sale.

ill look into that, thanks

Finally pulled the trigger on a KA today.

What intervals are you guys doing plugs and carb kits at?