(k)ART pulse

Sounds like you looked like a fool for being a conscientious young man! :wink:

These ‘vintage’ events are interesting to me because I grew up at race tracks when these vintage cars were ‘current’ cars, so I’m not quite sure how to feel about that. :grin:

Lemme get you your Walker. :sweat_smile:

It has become clear to me that I need a lot more practice observing, interpreting, and replicating tones (black/white levels), and especially very subtle variations in tone, so I did this picture in black and white charcoal on toned paper to work on those skills. This is Nick Callan (@Bimodal_Rocket’s Son) from a photo posted somewhere here on KP.

8 Likes

Aw man that’s so cool! Nice work!

I don’t like how talented you are at something that should take 1000s of hours

Then you would have hated that back in the day I set the lap record in only my 3rd weekend of competition. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, I very much hate that.
I bowled a 130 the first time I ever bowled. I’ve done another 10 rounds or so since then and still haven’t beat it. That’s my closed @speedcraft story

Well, how about if we both hate my brother in-law:
PhD in mathematics
Worked for NASA on low sonic boom aircraft modeling and weather prediction.
Worked as a guest mathematics professor at UC Davis.
is a Feng Shui practitioner.
Formed a non-profit organization to teach people the I Ching (The Book of Changes).
Then in his mid 50s, just to show off, he went back to school to learn Chinese Herbal & Acupuncture medicine without any intention of practicing. Although he does have a small practice now.

So, like Patrick Star, he is literately: Mr. Doctor Professor Samson. :rofl:

5oXHfZZ

Then again, it’s hard to hate him because he is such a nice, generous, and humble person. :rage:

1 Like

Well I’ve been inspired to see If I’m naturally gifted. I’m not. Although, I did better than I thought, but it’s also pretty easy to tell which one I did without a reference photo
Certainly no @speedcraft

3 Likes

Those are excellent! You could learn 2 draw quite well.

@E13, those look great!
I maintain, that driving & drawing are similar skills; having an objective in mind, taking in relevant information, interpreting what that information means (in relation to what you’re trying to accomplish), and then taking some action(s) to stay on target… or get back on target. For both, the ‘action’ part is the easiest bit. :wink:

Now Warren, I know from our brief exchanges you are a man with a fair amount of time on his hands. To add to that you also have a very immersive personality. In that I mean once you put your mind to something, you are hell bent on succeeding at it. Trust me, I can relate. However for the rest of us non-Alien earthlings, we often get caught up in the day to day doldrums that pay our bills and keep our spouses happy to commit the time and effort necessary to achieve the level of Zen your are rocking. Still, it leaves us something to strive for. (bowing on our knees chanting, “we’re not worthy”)

Well Greg, I do have the advantage of being a hyper-introverted, semi-retired dork. :grin:

But just to be sure I’m getting my meaning across, by saying the action is the easiest part, I mean (for me at least) the actual putting pencil or brush to paper (or pressing the peddles and moving the steering wheel) is trivial compared to gaining the sensitivity and understanding needed to really know what needs to be done with the implements or controls… that’s where I invest most of my time.

That said, Zen or not, keeping the spouse, kids, and boss happy is the real priority, so I bow a knee to you! :+1:

1 Like

You could apply that to just about anything in life, maybe that’s why you’re good at a lot of things

1 Like

Yep, I totally get that. Hence my comment…

The fact that you have Alien In-Laws just further proves you operating on another level. Love you bro. Makes me aspire to be like you when I grow up! :star_struck:

This popped up in my FB group stream today and I thought it fitting.

1 Like

Looks like a spotted lantern fly but isn’t, may be the reincarnation of a greaser.

The Pomapadour

From left to right: Warren and spouse, Nik Goodfellow, James McMahon: Supernats 1955

Now when I looked at it, I saw a front bumper, side pods and a front fairing (the yellow parts of the body) with the head looking like the steering column block with the upper fairing supports and the legs resembling various parts of the chassis cut up into pieces. Not sure what the tail could be, but maybe a grooved tread on a piece of tire. The fact the shapes both within the image and the image as a whole could be viewed as many different things it what caught my eye more than anything.

Plus I like sharing weird stuff. :thinking:

You know you’re In that group, I’m the one that should be making fun of people being old

Is that OTKs next front fairing?