(k)ART pulse

That’s nice art. Good job!

Thank you!! and I thank Adobe for their clever mobile app! It is a lot of fun to play with.

Took me 4 hours, but I drew this seat.

1 Like

I like it. It captures seat very well. It also appears dynamic, in-motion.

1 Like

Well I hope this fits here. I’m not an artist but I do paint my own race helmets!

6 Likes

Yes! A perfect fit! It even involves paint and is most Certainly artistic.

To be clear: anything goes here. Interpretive dance, tatoos, doodles, multimedia. Whatever works!

1 Like

Is it art?

I think so.

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s going on here but I’m pretty sure it’s artistic:

Filed to art because I honestly have no idea what comment I am making about European pro karting. These are goatherders washing their sheep. Also Luca throwing a nosecone.

An artistic spin on Briggs… courtesy @Jim_Johnstone

2 Likes

I can’t remember if I ever posted this, but my girlfriend painted this for my birthday last year.

I told her she should sell them but it takes a lot of time just to make one

7 Likes

Very cool! I am betting somewhere someone makes racer portraits like this as a biz. But yeah, that’s a lot of work! She must have liked you.

Well I hope she still likes me considering we just moved to Chicago together over the weekend :rofl:

I haven’t seen anyone doing hand-painted artwork for karting, I’m sure it exists, but that’s why I wanted to see if she had any interest in doing it for some money. This actually started with a Christmas gift I asked her to paint for a driver I worked with for the last 2 years, and then she made one for me. Tough to do consistently with a regular job as well though.

3 Likes

Phil Pignataro on the East Coast does a lot of hand-drawn karter portraits.

1 Like

Yeah, I think there’s some folks who do!

I bet LeRoy Neiman did commissions.

https://www.facebook.com/PhilPignataroArt

kArt Indeed!

1 Like

Not exactly art but I like the spirit:

Resourceful young man on budget has no sticker kit (but has lots of stickers):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Karting/comments/13wguvr/14_year_old_rebuilds_his_own_junior_rotax_and/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=
I see some Shepard Fairey stickers on there, too. Bonus points for not being plastered with Supreme stickers.

2 Likes

I like this kid, love his spirit.

I do wonder how long it took him though, on the plus side, I’ll bet he didn’t have to fret about air bubbles.

Edit: aha! I find the Spitfire logo (a big one was on the hood of my Daihatsu Charade when I worked for Thrasher, which is why it’s on my race suit. It’s a cool bit of graphic design.

Parting thought:

This surprised me a bit. @KartingIsLife , it’s working (your idea).

3 Likes

Props for creativity and resourcefulness! I dig it over the thousands of “factory kits” out there that all look exactly the same.

1 Like

I clicked on the reddit link, and it sounds like he learned to rebuild the engine on his own too.

2 Likes