Karting Memes and Funnies

4 Likes

Not to pick nits but thats not what I meant. I meant that there are plenty (I assume) of very, very fast people that race LO206 and dont race two-stroke because, money. I can name a few folks that probably could get over the slower speed if it allowed them to continue racing once the financial belt gets tight and/or they get older.

Then again, once you factor in national level team costs, it would still be pricey. But, less rubber etc.

I have never heard the term owner karting or owner karts in my life. Yes I can understand what it means but is it a thing?? Having been in the karting business for a very long time nearly all of the kart racers that I’ve interacted with owned their own equipment.

He’s talking about our karting versus general public rental karting, like a K1 or something. He’s right that 206 has allowed karting to have a lot more accessibility in owner karting from concession karting, and there’s becoming a point now where 206 has people coming from concession karting that want to find higher competition that can’t afford to get a KA or X30 to move up to that next step.

Yeah. Owner karting is when someone transitions from rental arrive and drive to buying a kart and surrendering to the addiction.

Like this guy, for example. I did arrive and drive for 2-3 years before I bought the x30s for me and Nick.

That jump to spending 20+ k a year in club was tough. I am fairly confident if I had an alternative to two stroke at the time, I might still be in the series.

1 Like

3 Likes

IRacing Sim-lab Production Car Challenge at Oulton Park last week. I run the Jetta TDI in that series, and it’s pretty common for the slower Miatas to be in the way. The dynamic between the two cars is different enough that you can’t get a run with the Jetta and have to do it all on the brakes and still hope they make a mistake. They tend to stick themselves between a 1-2 battle and sit there. Anyway, this guy suddenly changes it up and brakes early into Cascades and I barely tap is quarter. Proceeds to yell at me on chat. Pits for repair, and comes back out RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. held me up for the rest of the race.

In karts this is a punt. Maybe not so much in cars! Frustrating if intentional.

1 Like

Oh no I missed my breaking point

1 Like

This one came up in FB memories today, made this one before kartpulse was even a thing (2012). It’s a bit more derogatory than later stuff I guess LOL

3 Likes

See also… 2011 meme

1 Like

“Pwn3d” is indeed very 2011 James. :joy:

2 Likes

@KartingIsLife you have reminded me that there are a couple of memes I have wanted to put up featuring a famous “adult entertainer”.
Nothing is seen, but much is implied, I have been self censoring those, young eyes etc.
You will have to take my word for how funny they are and they are hilarious.

mario kart

kart mower

Witch kart

karting bum

1 Like

Okay, I have to admit I ran the Halloween Race (also my Birthday) last year dressed as Luigi. Yes, I am old and still laugh at Mooners!

1 Like

drivers meeting

flip them

3 Likes

*race director stares at one person for the entirety of the drivers meeting
Ive been that person

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is such good meme fodder.