Let's talk shoes!

Shoes arrived (sort of) and they are indeed very nice:

However they sent me a mismatched pair. Groan.

I must say that the heel looks rather good:

1 Like

Ooh, Shiny… (20 characters)

1 Like

I have used wrestling shoes several times. I have Asics now. Work fine.

2 Likes

@Bimodal_Rocket @CourterZT
I have one size 44 and one size 50 suit btw… I forgot to check until last night.

Thabks. Looks like freem sizing is this:

I’m too tall I think. Thank you, though.

Great info here. Has anything changed much in the last year?

I haven’t seen any cool new shoes of late. I ended up with the silver freems and they are very durable. I like them a lot but ultimately the fit on the alpinestars is a bit better for me. Next pair will be the leather version of the alpinestars.

On the topic of shoes… I have always struggled with my feet wearing out the sticker, laminate (or whatever i decide to put in its place) on the floor pan. It seems to me like i’m the only one having this problem in the team i’m driving in (same equipment) and when i take a walk through the pits, i dont see as large scuff marks on the floor pans as on mine.

You could try maybe a clear vinyl sticker or something where you heels rest. Peel and replace when ugly. I like using sheets of foam rubber on my pedal tray on the sim, adhesive backed.

Ive been messing around to get shoes made, sort of an attempt to do minus273 but with shoes.

However I’m not a great graphic designer lol.

I had one prototype, just needs some tweaks at the boot itself will be good. Then I’ll need a designer lol.

I’ll buy a pair! :+1::checkered_flag::+1::checkered_flag:

Funny enough, I’ve been thinking about the same thing. I haven’t found a ton of shoes that I liked how they looked, and thought about trying to get something started but just let the idea fizzle out. I think there’s definitely a market for it.

Shoes with screen printing are generally a turn off aesthetically and from my experience in the golf business, generally of lower quality. Does this hold true for karting shoes to any degree? Also the Freems look great but haven’t seen half sizes yet. I also really like the classic look of the blue suede Sparco Race 2

I wouldn’t say so. The k1-x I had were printed graphics (synthetic uppers) and the darn things were bulletproof. Aesthetically I would agree, tho. While the synthetic with screened graphics is sort of plasticy and aesethically questionable the build quality is high.

1 Like

I’m talking about sublimated rather than screen printed.

Sublimation printing embeds the ink into the fabric, while in screen printing, the ink sits on top of the fabric.

But agreed, heavy use of screen print can make fabric heavy and unwieldy.

I recently got these: BMW M Motorsport Neo Cat Mid Motorsport Sneakers | PUMA

They fit well. Seen to have a thin sole. The sole wraps around the heel.

I saw these and the red ferrari equivalent at a puma outlet store the other week. It took all my willpower to step away :rofl:

Simpson appears to be casting aside their staid and conservative design habits and is being a touch more daring:

https://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/shoes/dna_x2/

I like the flag shoes quite a lot. Reminiscent of the alpinestars edition.

5 Likes

Man I was excited when I saw these, then I looked at the prices. Just not worth it IMO. Love the flag though!

Yeah, they are like 280 retail. That’s pretty steep but they are car shoes I think so probably nomex