Newest Outdoor Tracks in the US?

It’ looked like it was almost done and then everyone went silent. Rumor is that they had a backer pull out for the final payment of cash. We will see…

Got our fingers crossed for Mississippi Raceway Park just north of Hattiesburg, MS. We hear there is a 1/4 mile drag strip, full size road course, a Soap Box Derby replica and
the kart track that we’re told will be the first course to open on the property. Easily located between Memphis & New Orleans and Dallas & Atlanta. Cha ching. Here goes the retirement into a Top Kart and X30.

Who needs retirement anyways.

Tri City Kart Club in Richland,WA is getting an expansion this fall. Not sure on the final length of it, but definitely adding some. Gonna be a whole new ball game come next season.

1 Like

Sweeeet!!! Looks like I need to get over to Saturday NIght Shootout one of these years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Saturday Night Shootout”? Tell me more…

Annual race at the Tri City Kart Club, was the 7th edition this year and the biggest to date. Great one-off event every year, has been a must-attend race in the NW for at least a few years.

Is it an actual might race? As in, race under the lights?

Yes Sir, at least the main events are. You run heats during the day and afternoon.

GoPro just added a bunch of cut throughs and run off areas. They have a total of 9 or 10 layouts now.

1 Like

https://www.k1circuit.com/

Racers and automotive enthusiasts can expect to be spoiled when K1 Circuit opens in 2022. The 1.1-mile configurable circuit is designed by pro racer Rocky Moran, Jr. (of the famed Moran Raceway formerly in Beaumont, CA) and features a straightaway that’s approximately 900 feet in length, a universal track width of 28 feet, CIK/FIA curbing, and up to 6% of elevation change.

The track incorporates every element a driver could ever want: blind crests, dramatic downhill elevations, sweeping-flowing corners built into the side of a double-mountain peak and a blend of slow, medium, and incredibly high-speed corners that will produce many overtaking opportunities. The end result is a track with the look and feel of a small Formula One circuit.

1 Like

I drove the old Moran track. IMHO, one of the best kart tracks ever.

No mention of when K1 will open in the press release. Odd.

It was delayed I think by covid. Apparently they are breaking ground.

K1 is making an outdoor track in Winchester CA

1 Like

Looks like a cool layout and fun to drive, but it also looks to be out in the middle of nowhere.

I guess, if thirty something miles from Riverside qualifies as the middle of nowhere… LOL

When I have the money I’d like to build a long track resembling Spa with huge elevation changes on the front range of Wyoming. That will be much more close to nowhere.

That should help mitigate local politics.

I used to live out there, and where is at is the middle of nowhere. There’s not much around and I am sure with the populous of Southern California, it was the closest that they could find ample land that they could build the track.

Our track is not in the U.S. but we welcome U.S. drivers anytime. Strathmore Motorsports Park was built in 2014 and is a 3/4 mile, 13 turn, 30’ wide with 30’ of elevation change club owned track. We are on 20 acres of land with the track taking about half of that space and the paddock taking up the rest. We have large grandstands, member seacan storage, a club building, covered eating area and an onsite food kiosk. The race facility has F1 starting lights and LED safety corner lights, 10 position digital scoreboard, Tech pro barriers, in ground scale in its own building, 3 storey sea-can building for race director and scoring staff, dedicated 20x30 tech building and grassy areas as well as soil stabilized paddock for trailers. Our club just crested 300 members this year with 190 of those being drivers. Check us out at www.ckrc.com
On July 23-25, we hosted the inaugural North of 49 Karting Championships and had 120 entries. We have already booked July 22-24, 2022 for the 2nd edition of the North of 49 Karting Championships.

John Kwong

2 Likes

I stopped at this track, and it was graded and then paved. But that’s it so far unfortunately…

1 Like