Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

That was… nuts! Great race.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Definitely a fun race to be a part of. Sure wish I came on top, but probably my favorite 2nd I’ve ever gotten! Congrats on the rock! That is epic! Do you have any video of that race?

lol I don’t either and I gotta work with the guy! :rofl:

2 Likes

Me in my recently restored 1992 Omega vintage. our kart shop didn’t have any 9s so had to improvise. Should hopefully have a better engine than a kt100 soon IMG_1694

5 Likes

Al,
How do the older karts drive as compared to today?

1 Like

No forgot the GoPro at home :disappointed:

Not super recent, but 2017, in a friend’s kart…

I know, I know, I lean in…I fight that habit as best I can…try to limit the tilting to just my head, a habit I started developing in oval racing for some reason.

1 Like

What happens when you lean into the turn vs keeping your body straight and leaning your head instead?

It’s using the driver’s body weight to help to plant the outside tire and jack the inner wheel…

That or the driver is tired. :wink:

It WAS and endurance race…drove for 2.5 hours…

1 Like

They are a lot lighter which makes them more sensitive to steering input, makes them feel a wee bit twitchy but they are lot of fun too drive

Hey DavinRS, I do not wqnt to be worrisome but what “help to plant outside tire” and “Jack the inner wheel”. I take that to mean, setting up the turn while the front tire gets air? Oh, how was things today for you, hope all went well…

When you make it to the track tomorrow, we’ll talk about it then, but basically karts do not differentials, so we have to sometimes lift an inside rear tire to help them turn.

2 Likes

congratulations DavinRS, I was rooting for your victory. You have style my man, I am proud of how you carry yourself, you represent Well, Right On​:fist:t3::clap:t3::fist_right:t3::fist_left:t3::+1:t3::point_up_2:t3::sunglasses::eagle:

Last race of 2018. Couldn’t have been a nicer day for it.

9 Likes

44680939_1976433355745370_5857041429766864896_n

Me in the Black kart off the line first at Roebling Road in Savannah GA. Cool thing about this photo is that’s my 71 year old father in the red kart, right behind me off the start! You will never understand the feeling I had when I glanced over my shoulder on the first lap and that red front bumper was married to the back of my kart! We are looking forward to running Daytona together right after Christmas!

6 Likes

+Joshua here is the father son team I was referring to. One day soon this will be us trying to emmulate and run #1 and #2 in a race, Bad Ass thing to pull off, Way to Go! You will have competition soon, hopefully my son and I can come out and play too :clinking_glasses::champagne::spades::cowboy_hat_face::traffic_light::checkered_flag::dash::trophy:

Finally got my carb lined out and had a blast out on the track yesterday. My dad ended up finding my old racing suit from when I quit in 2004. Still in the dry cleaning bag with the receipt of august 2004. Looks like it will still fit but I need to go over and grab it to make sure.

Not a bad Sunday in December, got a warm front and it got up to 55 degrees and the track was super slick.

2018-12-17%2008_43_04-

2 Likes

2 Likes

Some great video taken from 4 hour enduro down under.

Awesome race with some top level drivers

1 Like