Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

“Lean out, not in. It’s not a motorcycle” is what TF told a friend of mine when he was coaching him. So leaning towards the outside of the turn.

I love how much more connected to the kart you feel when you lean like that as well. Problem for me is that my body is a tad more ”soild” before and it’s more than the ribs can take.

@tjkoyen might have some ideas of “lean” pics offhand.

That is definitely one of my favorite TJ helmets! REALLY cool design!

1 Like

It’s an 89ish Wright (now cracked and in need of tlc ) with Sirio TT85. I now run a 1989 Kali with Parilla TT75s (reed valve) and a PCR TSV100 (rotary valve). By far the best karts to drive. Modern stuff is like driving tanks in comparison.

FB_IMG_1559902695087
Modern karts definately feel like a tank. I come in at about 125kg in my 100cc

2 Likes

125kg haha ridiculous! I wish I could get down to that

61179348_10218871213108263_5867286069229125632_n Heading out for my first race.

2 Likes

Thanks! The moment he sent me the first design I knew it would look absolutely killer!

That makes sense about the lean @KartingIsLife. I can’t say that I’ve ever felt more connected to the kart than before leaning but I’ve been recommended by many people that leaning to the outside helps with kart handling. This also leads into another discussion I’ve been meaning to make about my size and a couple differences I’ve noticed between my teammates and I that I think are a result of that.

2 Likes

20190409_095453

FB_IMG_1560046668232

2 Likes

Here are some from a few weeks ago when we ran at Circuit of the Americas. You can see Turn 1 in the background of the one picture.
And we’ve got the KartPulse stickers on.

2019_05_25_999_18 2019_05_25_999_2

4 Likes

My new favorite photo, no one in the background except a teammate and his father. Brickyard was freaking awesome!

4 Likes

How do you like the Birel KA100 kart?

So far, we love it. Very easy to drive and tune. I also like the way the front bumper looks, and it seems to work pretty good as well. We bought it because I know we have very good support around us for it.

Next time you’re at HCKC and we’re there, come by and you can take a close look at it, and ask any other question you want.

It might not be the coolest action shot like some of you guys, but here is my 7 year old son on the grid for his second ever race.

3 Likes

My first post of me in my first kart.

3 Likes

New kart, who dis.

3 Likes

It’s that almost famous racer!

2 Likes

Me, too:
New kart, who dis :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Liking the helmet paint

1 Like