Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

Thanks, but all I did was pay for it :slight_smile: T.J. Koyen did all the heavy lifting.

1 Like

Pittsburgh 9/2018

5 Likes

Jesus. Way to make an entrance Lamar… (I mean this in a good way)

I wouldn’t have pegged that for a TJ job. Its got a retro vibe whereas TJs stuff tends towards the modern. What’s the significance, if that’s not too personal a question?

Well, he was very accommodating of my control freak nature and painted exactly what I spec’d. If I’m racing long enough to warrant another helmet (I’m an old karter), I might embellish it a bit more, however, I’ve always been a fan of the helmets that are simpler, clean and easily recognizable, ie Senna, Hill, Piquet, etc. The colors I picked for our team a while back, because they were all the colors of the national flags that were the makeup of the mini melting pot of my immediate family at the time (USA, Lithuania, Greece and GBR).

I love me a laydown. If I had the time and money, I’d put together a enduro controlled. Sadly, I don’t. :(:sob:

2 Likes

Well its a cool look and does bring back the era of those greats. I like it a lot.

2 Likes

Is that 506 bodywork?

Awesome picture. Kart looks great and you are looking fast haha.

Well at least it’s looking fast. :wink:

I believe that it is the 506 bodywork. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks awesome, I’ve just updated to 505 bodywork on a new to me Arrow X2 chassis. I must try get a new pic of me in it. I don’t look quite as fast though :wink:

1 Like

I love this picture for a few reasons. One it’s just really cool to have the Circuit of the America’s building in the back and the venue looks amazing but two, I always have to point out that I am ahead of Margay’s Reid Sweeney (even if he passed me a couple corners later) Always makes me laugh.

3 Likes

That’s a good one indeed.

4 Likes

Awesome! Do you still have that kart?

Thank you, but no, that was 40 years ago. 1976,Atwater CA I built the kart, it was a Mayko fuel tank, Mayko header, Mayko pipe and I built the Mc 101. It was the Region 7 Championships. I ended up winning the 3rd heat by half a lap, Scott Pruitt was 2nd.

Pro tip: Add a pepper to your airbox to get the right heat!

2 Likes

You gonna have to explain that to tech guy if you podium. He’s gonna dq you for being too spicy.

5 Likes

My first year

2 Likes

Nice action shots!:checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

1 Like