Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

4 Likes

What is that and I want one. Also flames. Good.

1 Like

That’s my UAS dirt oval kart with an Aixro Wankel on it. I was actually having some ignition issues when this was taken so I had raw fuel going down the pipe and blowing flames, burned up my muffler doing that.

1 Like

Dirt oval is on my bucket list. The flames make for a good photo. Cool kart, thx for sharing.

1 Like

What do you guys think of the drt livery

I can’t see it on account of being distracted by the aero. Oh you meant DRT Kart. Very nice livery and your suit matches which is impressive.

1 Like

Atwater California, Stock Foreign, I built the kart, the engine, the header, the pipe, the tank, the seat (well it was built to my specifications), direct drive K78 by Terry Ives. 1977 IKF Nationals. Look at those tires, how did we ever get away with that. Doug Sharp behind me.
al%20nunley%20atwater

3 Likes

I’m guessing the skinnier fronts were challenging. How does the grip back then compare to today’s karts and rubber?

I had no handling problems, none whatsoever, it went around the corner just find, no issues. I suppose, with bigger tires, I could’ve gone around that corner faster. I’m sure lap times today are much better than they were then. Everybody ran those tires. Now I will say that there were a couple of people who were running the just-released Bridgestone stickies, but not in my class. They were not generally available unless you were rich. lol The Atwater racetrack was located at the Atwater International Airport (ha ha) and one of the guys with a large supply of Bridgestone’s flew in to the airport with his twin engine Beechcraft, loaded with tires. Now he could afford them.

1 Like

I’m in the middle

1 Like

This is like my third time posting in this thread but i’m just in love with this picture. Plus, new livery!

3 Likes

It’s a specific suit for dr racing team. I also love it. Unique.

That’s a sweet action shot. Perfect focus.

Its been a rough year building from scratch then running a frame that was literally cut in half but im fairly content how ive been managing the pace this year. X30 senior at OVRP is brutal. I should be in masters but i been refusing

2 Likes

I think I see my blur watching in the background! lol

Can I join in? Just doing rental kart racing at this stage

3 Likes

Those are really nice photos. You got your wife trackside with a zoom lens? Is the bottom one the bump?

These are from the photographer that is at all the race events at the track. Bottom pic looks like turn 12, so yes bump just before the sweeper leading to the straight.

He/she does nice work. The track looks grippy as heck with the horizontal grooving.

A bonus afternoon at the track in the sun after yesterday’s session being rained out. The kart felt good but I couldn’t get my times down. Frustrating but still so much fun!!

2 Likes