Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

Photo: Samdraissmedia

That’s @RandallC behind me, preparing to launch grappling irons.

2 Likes

6 Likes

OK I’m not in my kart. But it’s a cool pic to me. Formula A. No Clutch, push start. Spin, you stall. Lock up engine, lock up wheels. Locking up engine was pretty easy too spinning 19K+ RPM.

Green White and Orange suit (if you know you know) :ireland:

‘99 Tonykart Extreme, Rotax DSD, Bridgestone YGA tires. Two wheeling on the regular. Also in pic future wife.

I had about 10lbs on the kart to make the minimum of 320lbs. I’m lucky to make 360 now without lead😆

11 Likes

Is this a screen capture of when you took Doc Browns time kart back to the Emerald Isle to propose before Biff O’Shaunessey could seal the deal?

Close enough. It’s a frame exported from a video 8 capture… which I then took a pic of from my phone while it was on the laptop screen.

Side by side with Ian Quinn for the prefinal who is always fun to race with.

Battle of the tuck
(He got me)

4 Likes

Went and did some cone dodging over the weekend with my autocross friends. Good day.

6 Likes

Never seen anyone tuck like that lol

He told me does it because of back issues. But I’ve heard of some doing something not as drastic as Quinn of course. He’s just a funny guy :joy: but definitely not the first guy I’ve seen do a tuck like that.

(Must be a Briggs thing) we are some wild ones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I drove a briggs for the first time the other week and wow. I have a whole new respect for guys that can go fast in them. Definitely the drivers class.

2 Likes

It’s my 6th year now. I’ve done KA a few times but ultimately can’t swing the budget to be competitive and travel to the fun stuff. 206 is awesome I love the package

The inverse slouch works. How you get your head below faring is open to interpretation. Imagine a tall fellow like @fatboy1dh trying this method… knees up to the heavens.

1 Like

You gotta do it like this!

FB_IMG_1716234457019

3 Likes

I actually do this, as well. As long as I can still get my knees under the driver panel…

3 Likes

I think I’d break if I tried to fold like that.

That is quite the tuck, indeed.

3 Likes

Why is Low–Ri–der playing in my head. :grin:

2 Likes

Here ya go @speedcraft ! It’s a bit of an earworm but you could do worse.

3 Likes

This past weekend I had my first race at Thompson Kart Raceway. 206 Senior, Pea-Pick format with a 25 lap feature race. I felt I had the pace for at least a top 10 but I ended up 13/20. The entire race was a giant battle so it was super fun nonetheless.

7 Likes

My girlfriend taking a pic of me crossing what she thought was the finish line, locking down my best finish ever in a final, P2. Finish line is a little further down.

4 Likes