Post pics Of your Trailerless Transport Setup Here

Post a pic of your trailerless kart transport setup below for a chance to be featured on KartPulse social media.

This seems to be one of our most popular things, and given how many people never get started in karting because they think they need a trailer, it’s a great way to show how they can get started.

Throw in a little story we can share for an added bonus.

I’ll go first…

Here’s my TonyKart Mitox/YZ125 shoved in the back of a Volvo '98 V70 T5 wagon.
Finished second in the Great Lakes Pro Series road race at Autobahn, IL that weekend.
I added some tether straps to hold the kart back incase something “not good” happened on the road.

4 Likes

Admin note: Posted 1/15/19

2 Likes

When you have 2 friends that want to join you!
3 DD2’s, Arrow and a couple of old Sodi RM1’s

4 Likes

10A9D7D5-73BE-458B-87E7-88BEB8697A29

2 Likes

This is me, on my way back to NC from Pittsburgh (7 hr. trip) after visiting family in upstate NY. This is the first kart I ever drove, and it was just given to me in this picture, by good friend Robin Bank. Robin was a Swiss Hutless / Birel dealer in Pittsburgh and raced THE ULTIMATE KARTS - Formula K – in the early 90’s. He went head to head with Haddock, Lunati, Seay, et. al. and a 135cc DD kart must have been a beast! Anyhow, this was a practice kart he acquired, and when I first drove it at defunct Columbiana OH track, it had a 100cc DD Formula A engine - a Parilla TT36 with IBEA slide carby. It was VIOLENT in every direction – it pushed you back in the seat when you hit the gas, broke your ribs when you tried to turn, and tried to throw you out while braking on sticky tires. In short, the most fun I’ve ever had! I rehabbed this kart into a runner, and it was recently sold to a gentlemen 7 mi. from NCMP in Indiana… Have bike carrier, will travel… Got some weird looks on the highway.

Featured on Facebook 2/5/19

7 Likes

DBA8D911-8D95-400D-A0FB-3E0A5841284B

My sons Top Kart Comer C50 kid kart and my TAG Sr x30 CRG Black Star kart. On our way home from NOLA Motorsports Park. The flat bed on the 2000 F550 comes in handy!

5 Likes

Honey, you’ll never guess what I ran over in the highway today…/:grinning:

1 Like

I don’t do this every time…But, yep this is an Intrepid kart and kart stand in the back of an A4. Takes about 30 minutes to disassemble.

Before:
20181103_125342

After:
20181103_134246

11 Likes

My friend and I traveled to a competiton and we had only one car and wanted to make the trip together. Was an excellent race!!! Regads KartPulse…
Screenshot_20190110-235258_Facebook

Admin note: Posted 1/22

4 Likes

20180215_171154

I finally bought a trailer but for two years I went racing like this. There is a kart and an electric stand buried in there and everything else needed. :grin:

3 Likes

20180728_113734

This is my LO206 and my sons first race that he competed in and got his first win, this was the day that I was so proud of him.

1 Like

image image image
I wanted to be able to pull a camping trailer to the track with me so I built this stand for the truck bed that folds down by the bed of truck is a ramp for Kart to go up. Once the kart is up on the rack, I lift it and put down the rear supports to hold kart rack in place. This allows me to use the entire space below for all of my other need for a race weekend.

Admin note: Featured 1/29/2019.

4 Likes

20190127_100415 BK11 Salem speedway Salem Oregon

2 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. Is that normally used for ladders?

This is awesome! I tried something like this a few years ago button execution was terrible. I don’t have those kind of craftsman skills. This was exactly what I envisioned. Well done!

2 Likes

Hey all,

Here is my Trailerless set up!

Set up includes:

• 2018 Birel AM-29 Briggs LO 206 Kart
  • VP 5 Gal Fuel Jug
  • Tent
  • Chairs
  • Tool Box
  • 8 Gallon Air Compressor
  • Cooler
  • Box of Misc Kart Tools
  • Gear Bag
  • Ryobi Power Tools

Not Pictured

• Streeter Stand that I usually stuff in the back seat

Don’t have the space for a trailer at my current house by luckily I have a garage to put all my stuff. Of course I wish I had an enclosed trailer to not have to load and unload everything every time I head out but I have done it so much I have it down to a science.

pic%203 Pic%202 Pic1

2 Likes

@dagee2 – is that a Tony Esprit hiding under all that? If you consider selling, please let me know! :slight_smile: I miss mine…except for the BS1 brakes. Nice work.

1 Like

@ted hamilton, you’ve been selected for our feature this week :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks much!! I’ll have to show you what I went through to finally get a covered trailer…lol. You do what ya’ gotta’ do.

1 Like