Post your 2021 ride!

My wife had a '99 just like that! Our renter owns it now. Wife has a 2016 Miata these days. :+1:

1 Like

LOVE the livery!!! :+1:

Oooooooooooooo… :money_mouth_face: Dad has mo-nay!

Oh you’ve GOT to be kidding me… :grin:

DROOOLLL… :stuck_out_tongue: OMG! :+1: :+1:

Dead serious…

and

Trying to buy land to build something permanent right now…

3 Likes

COVID economy didn’t hurt😂 Was a great time to buy cars.
Can’t say I’m not lucky

1 Like

This one was for KA100 class. It is the RY30-S12. The 206 model is the AM29-S12. For Birel, the only setup/tuning guide I have found was a 1 page setup sheet. I have found some other “manuals” that I have printed out that I have used for tuning.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the RY30-S12 was the next evolution from the AM29-S12? I didn’t think the AM29 was a 206 chassis? Locally most people put a two stroke on that frame (I’m fairly certain?). I’m not a Birel guy, but my local track is a Birel dealer so I see them all the time, although I am no expert . . .

AM29 is still current and still the advertised 206 chassis. 30mm and 28mm tubes (hence the 29 designation). RY30 is a 30mm chassis. Could defintiely see 2 strokes and 4 strokes on either depending on where you go in the country.

1 Like

Exactly as Derek said. The AM is the 4 strike chassis, but I have seen some put the KA on it. The AM had a 40mm axle, no 3rd bearing, different brakes (flat disk), 19mm front axles that are not changeable.

The RY might be able to fit an LO to it, but not sure. That one has 50mm axle, 3rd bearing, vented disk, and 21mm tunable front axles.

1 Like

Just picked it up today! Birel AM29S12-Y My very own kart! :grinning:
Did a couple shake down sessions while there. Added a heel rest, to give my heels something to dig into. Adjusted carb. Sorry for the “smear of vaseline” pic. It’s why I got the phone for free…

4 Likes

Congrats! those Birel can be really quick in 4t classes. Good choice! Where do you plan on racing?

Nice kart. Birel are hugely popular and can’t go wrong with it.

Back in the days photographers would use Vaseline on the lens to achieve a similar soft focus "boudoir"effect and hide ones imperfections (wrinkles). Typically was done for shots of nekkid folks rather than karts. This is, of course, useless information and utterly irrelevant as digital retouching has made this pointless.

Can’t go wrong with a Birel! It’s not a TB Kart, but it’ll do . . . (J/K) :rofl:

here’s my favorite kart i have out of the 3 i also have a ka100jn and lo206jn

4 Likes

That’s a terrific shot, Oliver!

1 Like

AIRBORN!!!
20 charachters

Probably just my local track for now. Prairie City OHV Park. All Star Karting/Cambrian Karts runs the kart track there. Cool track, they have three different configs they can run, and Don usually changes it up every couple weeks. My first time in the new kart was on a new config! They have a Race event about once a month there. Kid Karts, Juniors, Seniors, and Masters. I think most of the Masters (my age class) run 206s. The 2-strokes are too brutal for us old farts! :grin: Hell, even WITH my rib protector on, I was a little sore on one side from 3 sessions in the new kart! I didn’t even hit any curbs! I may want to go up one size on my seat…

Let me guess, Amp. Specifically the exit of the complex that feeds into the long downhill back straight. Basically the end of sector 2.