Pre-Race/Track Pump Up Jams

Angerfist logo belongs in that metal concert poster.

:rage::facepunch:

I didn’t take you for a Halo 2 fan, so this was a pleasant surprise to see on your list :rofl:

Did beat saber music reach the same level of cool?

I am a huge Bungie-era Halo nerd, started with CE on the original Xbox, never stopped since then :grin:

We celebrate all types of music in our pits… death metal, deathcore, doom, prog and I wouldn’t be a 40-something metal head without some nu-metal on occasion too.

Kinda odd though, the reserved pit spots at NCMP have cleared out around our group… I wonder if there is a connection? haha

2 Likes

Things that make you go hmmmmm… :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

Nu-metal? That’s a new term to me but I haven’t followed metal.

Example plz.

2 Likes

Weren’t these guys around in my 20s? Like 30 years ago? I’m digging the tune so far.

Aha, I’ve got it! This reminds me of DC punk band bad Brains. Similar energy!

Be patient and give it a bit to get to the song, intro to 60s

Don’t be surprised if I slither into your group at the night race once you get the tunes rolling. Scaring away the neighbors is my specialty :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Speaking of DC punk…

3 Likes

We could make a schizophrenic playlist wherein everyone contributes a song choice.

1 Like

Nu Metal:
Korn - Mentioned already, but their old stuff defined the genre
Deftones - My favorite band ever, but I usually listen to heavier stuff
System of a Down
Mudvayne
Spineshank
Ultraspank

These are a few highlights that I still like. Many Nu-Metal bands crossed over to mainstream(ish) and got radio play; thats when I lost intrest in most of them. They had to tweak their sound to appeal more to the masses and I feel like the whole genre lost its way. Geeez, I guess I am a metal snob.

2 Likes

Aha. Yes I have heard of some of those bands. If I’m not mistaken, ni-metal is a creation of late 90s?

Come on over, lots of empty spots for the taking! We will be camping, drinking and telling lies. May throw in some kart racing too! lol

1 Like

Korn kinda started it all with their drop tuning, chuggy riffs and bass heavy mix. Their first album came out in '94. As a impressionable highschool freshman, my mind was melted and my taste in music forever changed…

2 Likes

When we. Wrenching at the garage I had 3 differend radio stations that they play oldies 50s and 60s hot rod and rock and roll music.

Also we hear rock music from the 80s and the 90s.

The survivor band it’s so relaxing and motivational at the same time. I hear journey also, Europe , iron maiden

but sometimes something gets us and we listen

The songs from the rocky movies that is always a spark to get us back trying for the best.

2 Likes

Oh geez I remember survivor from my adolescence. If I am not mistaken every American kid of my generation has had to slow dance awkwardly to Survivor! They were a mega-band!

This makes me also think of Journey.

This is a fun thread.

2 Likes

Ok Tanguy,
How about some French bands?

When I was a kid there were some mega bands:

Indochine

Telephone:

There was a hard rock/metal band that was huge in Europe but name never made it stateside… do you remember ?

1 Like