Pre-Race/Track Pump Up Jams

Another drive and chill:

Bob Mould solo work post Husker Du.

1 Like

Gojira is French and they beat face! Great band!

3 Likes

Gojira is a French heavy metal band from Ondres. Founded as Godzilla in 1996, the band’s lineup—brothers Joe and Mario Duplantier, Christian Andreu, and Jean-Michel Labadie —has been the same since the band changed its name to Gojira in 2001. Wikipedia

IMG_0922

1 Like

I rather like “I’m a Man” when I need to get pumped up.
Modern well-done cover of the original Chicago cut, very faithful to the 1969 original:

3 Likes

Kind of has a Duran Duran sound.

2 Likes

Oooh I love it! It SLAPS!

Cowbell!!!

This band is excellent. The lead singer is just so lead singer. He looks like he’s been rocking since he was born.

Wow. What a performance. Seriously impressed. Added to my lapping mix. Slava Ukraine!

Yup I agree.

2 Likes
3 Likes

33 years pass by but every time its starts to play just give me the chills .

The whole album soundrack from the movie motivate us when we working at the karts

4 Likes

Driving night at the highway at the returning trip back home song .

when almost everybody sleeps in the van . Thats from my top 5 ever list .

2 Likes

What a powerful voice!

1 Like

Here is an obscure candidate for the chill category; Wish I Was (off of the GAMMA 1 album, 1979):

3 Likes

I think like many others here, from grid walk on I am in silence mode. I have enough thoughts filling my head any music playing would just be tuned out.

To and from the track, I am a rocker. We have a radio station locally that puts out some pretty good jams. From back in the 70’s all the way up until today. They are labeled as Classic Rock, but Gretta Van Fleet is hardly Classic, but does have that feel.

As a kid my mom rarely had the TV on during the day, but she always had the radio on. I grew up listening to all of the current music pumping out of that box. My dad was a Rock-n-Roll kind of guy and Loved the Stones! I think my brother and I sort of followed his suit. The first live concert I attended without my parents was Metallica. It was an awesome show in by todays standards a small venue. It was in Nuremburg Germany in 1987 on their Master of Puppets Tour. It was shortly after they lost their original bassist, Cliff Burron in the bus accident. That was back when concert tickets were unique with embossing and color printing. Now you get some thermal printed piece of cardboard with a barcode on it. What is the worth in that? I still have my old ticket stubs. I have tried to pass my love of good music on to my daughter. Her favorite band is Queen. Anytime it come on the radio I am told, “Diddy, turn it up!”. She also likes “Thunder Struck” by AC/DC. I think she first heard in the Planes movie from Pixar. She rocks to it! Personally I have favorites that span decades. Not everything ever made, but for those that speak to me or rock me to my core, I love it. Other than Food, I would say Music is one of the few universal human experiences that brings joy to all of us.

P.S. I love the Drums in this song…it always felt like some kind of Tribal Pre-Battle Chant!

1 Like

Consider taking them to an artsy framer and having them put under good glass if you haven’t already. Rock stuff like that is awesome.

There was this little store in Les Halles in Paris, ( a dirty place with prostitution, etc, but also all the cool punk stuff) that sold concert posters. In Paris, music was promoted by plastering every Chantier Publique wall with a poster. For big acts, this included a coordinated general media blitz as well. Anyways, you could buy these amazing concert posters at this little store that somehow got some of the extras. I wish I still had my giant OMD tour show poster, for example.

PS Janes Addiction’s first album pretty much rocked my world. A favorite that I had forgotten about.

1 Like

Another great addition for metalheads. Gonna bump this on the way to the track this weekend.

We used to play with these guys, they were a decently big band in the LA area.

1 Like

Maybe I missed it… were you in a band Shadi?

Oh hah, yeah! Used to be in a band called See The Light. We weren’t too big at all, but did a few tours and we were on a label called Come & Live, which was started by a former Tooth & Nail guy. It was a fun season of life, before marriage/kids/career.

6 Likes

This RIPS! :muscle: Awesome.

1 Like

Ex-scene kid checking in Lol. Theres LOTS of good music listed here, and seems to be quite a few metal heads like myself so i’ll play too.

I dont listen to much when im at the track, but on the drive up i get pretty amped. These are my go-to bands:

(Once upon a time i used to be in a little hardcore band in highschool and played with these guys a few times. Inside a pizza parlor in Louisville KY)

4 Likes

Yesss, Kublai Khan and Knocked Loose! :fire:

2 Likes

I came across this in my travels and thought it amusing. Not being a metal head I can neither confirm nor deny: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For the record am a fan of D+D!

1 Like