Pre-Race/Track Pump Up Jams

Always a classic:

2 Likes

Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve listened to Breaking Benjamin :muscle:t4:

@Stamatis125

I went for a drive this am, out in the pouring rain as we get hit by the edge of the hurricane. The tires of the 911 rolled so sweet and I thought of you and your island and your weekend drives.

I took a right on the wayback instead of heading straight home with that hot cup of tea, headed out towards the countryside and the little roads where the tires can sing.

Someday ya gotta show me what the long way home looks like out there on your island.

Here’s a song that probably made it to your neck of the world, but just in case… here’s Taking the long way home.

2 Likes

well dom … thats a great song from my youth , and for sure supertramp band made it and sound it well and clear in greece also those years , and still they continue to play in the garage from time to time as we work .

Today i didnt have a car available to go from home to the workshop but i really wanted to start the maintenance to my exhaust , so i make a dicision to go the distance by walking . it is not far , less than a half hour walk .

5 minutes before i reach the garage the first rain after a long summer start to show off . i made it just in time and didnt get soked ,

that smell from the first rain in the thirsty ground around us its something that make me feel happy living in a place like this and not in a big city .

here is the first song i put on as i was making my self a good cup of coffee .

country roads take me home
to the place i belong
west virginia mountain mama
country roads take me home .

2 Likes

Great to see more Supertramp fans around, they are an extremely underrated band with multiple incredible songs. That said, I don’t really like their albums after Roger Hodgson left, his voice was special.

2 Likes

Bit of an odd mix here but these are my current race weekend songs:

Apocalyptica-Nothing Else Matters

VIRA- God Complex

VNV Nation- The Game

King Woman- Morning Star

Mick Blankenship, Luxuria

Santana-Put Your Lights On

Jonathan Davis- What It Is

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that! I had never heard of Jonathan Davis and really like what I hear.

1 Like

Sometimes I listen to this on my commute to work to help get me pumped. A classic ripper.

This song is like if a cocaine-fueled blackjack run came to life.

1 Like

New P.O.D., right on time for the drive to the track this weekend :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

I recall that Jake (Phelps) was a huge fan of Lemmy and Motörhead. This was a frequent sound in the offices.

1 Like
1 Like

Not a jam per-se… but an interesting slice of musical history:

2 Likes

Somedays i get this ozzy need and its goes hand by hand with the need … the neeeeeeddd… for speed…

2 Likes

This song has been my go-to since summer 2023:

3 Likes

Ooh. One of my secret pleasures… foreign pop songs!

2 Likes

ooohh , you hit my secret sweet spot there dom … here is one of my top ten pop songs , foreign for us too over here

1 Like

“That Terminator is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, EVER, until you are DEAD.” ~ Sergeant Kyle Reese, 1984 .

39 years pass by but still give me the same kick

1 Like

2 Likes

@Stamatis125 heres a little something that reminds me of getting in the groove and pounding out some laps.

Enjoy! It’s dance music, I think.

Turns out there’s three remixes, one of them by Tiesto.

For us it’s gotta be Jimmy Buffett (RIP) and Fins. The ultimate audience participation song! This was recorded in Cincinnati more than a few years ago. Given I saw least half of the 35 Buffett shows I attended over the years at Riverbend in Cinci, I was probably there. :shark:

2 Likes