Ryan Norberg saves the day in Orlando (A rental karting review)

Good runs by the way and you’re on the proper race lines. Probably braking a little bit early in some sections but overall, great job. Chasing that last second and then remaining 10ths takes the longest to accomplish :+1:t3:

Thank you! Yeah I will need to shorten the track in some of those turns.
Andre had me trying to hold the kart more right coming out of the first turn past clubhouse straight, to be able to set up for exit of chicane onto start finish. Better late apex.
I also need to be tighter to the kerbing entering the sweeper in front of clubhouse.

In so far as braking goes, I was taking my best guess at start finish, then the loopy right with all the apron. The end of s/f is tempting to brake late but that wall is solid.

1 Like

I’m watching a racer who goes by Trumpetmaster tear about in the OKC rental and speedy kart series. Looks like a reallly good series. Plenty of karts on track and the driving looks generally good.

They seem to do multi class races where the speedy karts and the rentals are racing at same time. This seems like excellent fun. The Speedies are the LMP cars and the rentals are the cup cars. The race I’m watching has them on the same layout I just lapped and he’s doing 1:08 approx. In the speedy I was doing 58ish, for comparison of speed.

I’d like to go race there. Seems like a terrific league and really good racing.